Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Author of Remove-IT

Author of Remove-IT

Ayreh Jones

What is "videoaccessactivex.Chl" ?

pcbutts1

It is a variant of the Zlob Trojan more commonly called
Win32/TrojanDownloader.Zlob.AVN trojan. The malware called Spylocked
installs it. The current version of Remove-it should remove it for you. If
it does not then the variant has changed. Let me know so I can add it to the
next update due out in a few days.

"Ayreh Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is "videoaccessactivex.Chl" ?

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, aj1776
@CLOTHES.charter.net says...
> What is "videoaccessactivex.Chl" ?

Butts can only tell you what he finds in Google - there are 19 hits in
google for the item you ask about. Please read the reviews in google to
get a proper answer.

http://www.sophos.com/security/analy...ojzlobuna.html

*** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
website ***
http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm REMOVED ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/bughunters.htm Exposed to Kids ...
All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com

Ayreh Jones

pcbutts1 wrote:

> It is a variant of the Zlob Trojan more commonly called
> Win32/TrojanDownloader.Zlob.AVN trojan. The malware called Spylocked
> installs it. The current version of Remove-it should remove it for you. If
> it does not then the variant has changed. Let me know so I can add it to the
> next update due out in a few days.

I don't have any software called Spylocked on my puter.
I do have this in my registry. How did it get there?

pcbutts1

It got there by malware, maybe a website you visited. What location in the
registry is it and how did you discover it?

"Ayreh Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>
>> It is a variant of the Zlob Trojan more commonly called
>> Win32/TrojanDownloader.Zlob.AVN trojan. The malware called Spylocked
>> installs it. The current version of Remove-it should remove it for you.
>> If
>> it does not then the variant has changed. Let me know so I can add it to
>> the
>> next update due out in a few days.
>>

> I don't have any software called Spylocked on my puter.
> I do have this in my registry. How did it get there?

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, aj1776
@CLOTHES.charter.net says...
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>
> > It is a variant of the Zlob Trojan more commonly called
> > Win32/TrojanDownloader.Zlob.AVN trojan. The malware called Spylocked
> > installs it. The current version of Remove-it should remove it for you. If
> > it does not then the variant has changed. Let me know so I can add it to the
> > next update due out in a few days.
> >

> I don't have any software called Spylocked on my puter.
> I do have this in my registry. How did it get there?

You clicked on something that you didn't know was malware.

No person of sound mind would download files from a hack site that
requires a password to access the unknown files when they are available
directly from the vendors.

Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

The following links will take you to vendors sites for Spy Ware / Ad
ware removal tools and also for Antivirus tools. After you install any
of these applications and update them, run them in SAFE MODE to allow
them to properly clean your system.

First, make sure that your Java is updated to the latest version:
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

These sites are for downloading Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware tools, in
order that I would use them myself:

Dave Lipman's tools:
Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

AdAwareSE can be found here:
http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

*** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
website ***
http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm REMOVED ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/bughunters.htm Exposed to Kids ...
All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com

David H. Lipman

From: "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)>

| It got there by malware, maybe a website you visited. What location in the
| registry is it and how did you discover it?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\classes\videoaccessact ivex.chl
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\videoaccessactivex.chl

What "malware" put it on my puter?

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>From: "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
>| It got there by malware, maybe a website you visited. What location in the
>| registry is it and how did you discover it?
>|

>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\classes\videoaccessac tivex.chl
>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\videoaccessactivex.chl
>
>What "malware" put it on my puter?

Do you use IE with ActiveX enabled?
If so that's the most likely route, you visited a site and ActiveX
does the rest.

It even has ActiveX in it's name.

Start using another browser www.opera.com or www.IE7.com
--
Kid Attempts to Steal Steam Account- Gets Completely Owned.
http://futuremark.yougamers.com/foru...ad.php?t=23914

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

> Kid Attempts to Steal Steam Account- Gets Completely Owned.
> http://futuremark.yougamers.com/foru...ad.php?t=23914

hehe

pcbutts1

Troll alert! Somebody forgot to change news servers.