Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Question?

Question?

Ben Mitts

Other than garbelling one E=Mail
is there any way to hide an E-Mail
so it cant be seen by the those
who one may not want them to
see?

Ben Mitts

Ben Mitts

Ben Mitts wrote:

> Other than garbelling ones E=Mail
> is there any way to hide an E-Mail
> so it cant be seen by the those
> who one may not want them to
> see?
>
> Ben Mitts

Ed Mullen

Ben Mitts wrote:
> Ben Mitts wrote:
>

>> Other than garbelling ones E=Mail
>> is there any way to hide an E-Mail
>> so it cant be seen by the those
>> who one may not want them to
>> see?
>>
>> Ben Mitts

1. Use password protected Windows user accounts
2. Use separate Mozilla profiles
3. Encrypt your Mozilla profile and password protect it
4. Store your profile in a non-standard place, such as a USB flash
drive, and put the drive in your pocket when you're not using the PC
5. Put the kids out for adoption and/or get a divorce?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Ben Mitts

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Ben Mitts wrote:
>
>> Ben Mitts wrote:
>>

>>> Other than garbelling ones E=Mail
>>> is there any way to hide an E-Mail
>>> so it cant be seen by the those
>>> who one may not want them to
>>> see?
>>>
>>> Ben Mitts
>>>

> 1. Use password protected Windows user accounts
> 2. Use separate Mozilla profiles
> 3. Encrypt your Mozilla profile and password protect it
> 4. Store your profile in a non-standard place, such as a USB flash
> drive, and put the drive in your pocket when you're not using the PC
> 5. Put the kids out for adoption and/or get a divorce?

Thank you for responding
much appreciated

However I blew my question
horribly.

It should have read:

Can one keep an E-Mail recipient
from seeing the senders E-Mail?

--
Peace!

Sincerely,
Ben mitts

2) preach the word; be ready in season and out of season;
reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.
(3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound
doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will
accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their
own desires, (4) and will turn away their ears from the truth
and will turn aside to myths.(2 Tim 4:2-4)

From The Word of God: And as Moses lifted up the serpent in
the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that
whoever believes may in Him have eternal life." Therefore we
may, as many will to do so: "But as many as received Him, to
them He gave the right to become children of God, even to
those who believe in His name," (John 1:12)

Ed Mullen

Ben Mitts wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> Ben Mitts wrote:

>> 1. Use password protected Windows user accounts
>> 2. Use separate Mozilla profiles
>> 3. Encrypt your Mozilla profile and password protect it
>> 4. Store your profile in a non-standard place, such as a USB flash
>> drive, and put the drive in your pocket when you're not using the PC
>> 5. Put the kids out for adoption and/or get a divorce?
>>

> Thank you for responding
> much appreciated
>
> However I blew my question
> horribly.
>
> It should have read:
>
> Can one keep an E-Mail recipient
> from seeing the senders E-Mail?

If you send me an email I will be able to see your email address.

If you send an email to me and four others listed as "To:" everyone will
see all the addresses.

To prevent the five recipients from seeing each others' addresses,
address them as "Bcc:" when listing them. We will all still see your
address.

BTW, I can't imagine any legitimate purpose for wanting to send an email
to me and prevent me from knowing with whom that message originated.
Can you please say why you want to do this?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Ed Mullen

FYI, Ben, it's generally accepted practice that usenet message
signatures should not exceed 6 lines. Just a heads up.

http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_sigtag.html

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Ben Mitts

Ed Mullen wrote:

> Ben Mitts wrote:
>
>> Ed Mullen wrote:

>>> 1. Use password protected Windows user accounts
>>> 2. Use separate Mozilla profiles
>>> 3. Encrypt your Mozilla profile and password protect it
>>> 4. Store your profile in a non-standard place, such as a USB flash
>>> drive, and put the drive in your pocket when you're not using the PC
>>> 5. Put the kids out for adoption and/or get a divorce?
>>>

>> Thank you for responding
>> much appreciated
>>
>> However I blew my question
>> horribly.
>>
>> It should have read:
>>
>> Can one keep an E-Mail recipient
>> from seeing the senders E-Mail?

> If you send me an email I will be able to see your email address.
>
> If you send an email to me and four others listed as "To:" everyone will
> see all the addresses.
>
> To prevent the five recipients from seeing each others' addresses,
> address them as "Bcc:" when listing them. We will all still see your
> address.
>
> BTW, I can't imagine any legitimate purpose for wanting to send an email
> to me and prevent me from knowing with whom that message originated. Can
> you please say why you want to do this?

I was just thinking one day
if it could be done! No evil
reason for wanting to know

I was being honest.

Ben mitts

Ed Mullen

Ben Mitts wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>
>> Ben Mitts wrote:

>>> Thank you for responding
>>> much appreciated
>>>
>>> However I blew my question
>>> horribly.
>>>
>>> It should have read:
>>>
>>> Can one keep an E-Mail recipient
>>> from seeing the senders E-Mail?

>> If you send me an email I will be able to see your email address.
>>
>> If you send an email to me and four others listed as "To:" everyone
>> will see all the addresses.
>>
>> To prevent the five recipients from seeing each others' addresses,
>> address them as "Bcc:" when listing them. We will all still see your
>> address.
>>
>> BTW, I can't imagine any legitimate purpose for wanting to send an
>> email to me and prevent me from knowing with whom that message
>> originated. Can you please say why you want to do this?

> I was just thinking one day
> if it could be done! No evil
> reason for wanting to know
>
> I was being honest.

No problem. I was just curious in case there was a way to achieve what
your ultimate goal was.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Quivis

On 11 jun 2007, Ed Mullen<(E-Mail Removed)>, had the following to say to
the folks in alt.fan.mozilla:

> signatures should not exceed 6 lines

Used to be four lines. Inflation, I guess.
--
Quivis

Quivis

On 11 jun 2007, Ben Mitts<(E-Mail Removed)>, had the following to
say to the folks in alt.fan.mozilla:

/99% bible crap snipped/
> (John 1:12)

Yeah, and then you can tell me the story of little red riding hood
while you're at it. Same origin: land of fairytales.

*plonk*

(but I guess you don't know what that is, either)
--
Quivis