Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > forms.timeout returns session.timeout

forms.timeout returns session.timeout

Neoinan

hi

I am trying to access authentication.forms.timeout using the
following code from Microsoft. But it returns the session.timeout,
which I do not want as for my application this needs to be set longer
than the forms.timeout.

' Get the Web application configuration.
Dim configuration As System.Configuration.Configuration =
WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfiguration("")

'Get the authentication section.
Dim authenticationSection As AuthenticationSection =
CType(Configuration.GetSection( "system.web/authentication"),
AuthenticationSection)

litTimeout.Text = authenticationSection.Forms.Timeout.ToString

This code was taken straight from the following url
mshelp://MS.VSCC.v80/MS.MSDN.v80/MS.NETDEVFX.v20.en/cpref12/html/T_System_Web_Configuration_FormsAuthenticationConf iguration.htm

I have session.timeout set to 30 and forms.timeout set to 1. The
above code returns 30.

Can any helpful soul tell me where I am going wrong.

Nic