Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How to enable wireless adapter automatically after logging on

How to enable wireless adapter automatically after logging on

ajkessel

I'm running XP/SP2 with a Thinkpad X60, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
card. Usually, after logging in, the wireless adapter is disabled
(even though the hardware switch is enable) and I have to manually go
into the list of network connections and choose "enable" for this
adapter.

Any suggestions how to change the default to enabled?

WZC starts automatically as a service. Everywhere I can find (device
manager, network settings, etc.), I've set the adapter to "enabled"
and "on." Once I enable the device, it works fine -- it just always
seems to revert to disabled.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
What to you mean by disable, is it hardware disable or it is just Not
connecting automatically?
If you want to use WZC, make sure that the Intel Utility is Not running too.
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"ajkessel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I'm running XP/SP2 with a Thinkpad X60, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
> card. Usually, after logging in, the wireless adapter is disabled
> (even though the hardware switch is enable) and I have to manually go
> into the list of network connections and choose "enable" for this
> adapter.
>
> Any suggestions how to change the default to enabled?
>
> WZC starts automatically as a service. Everywhere I can find (device
> manager, network settings, etc.), I've set the adapter to "enabled"
> and "on." Once I enable the device, it works fine -- it just always
> seems to revert to disabled.

ajkessel

On Jun 10, 4:28 pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What to you mean by disable, is it hardware disable or it is just Not
> connecting automatically?

Under "Network Connections," it is set to "disabled." I need to right-
click on the "Wireless Network Connection" there and select "enable."

> If you want to use WZC, make sure that the Intel Utility is Not running too.http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).

I'm pretty sure no other wireless module is running. Nothing in the
systray, and I don't recognize any Intel utility in taskmgr.