Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > My Recent Documents

My Recent Documents

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Putrid <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there a way to wipe "My Recent Documents" away when I get up from
>my computer?

Without a third party program:

Right click the Start button, Properties and Customize -
Click on Clear

You will lose most of your recent histories (MRU's), Run command will
clear for example as well as your recent documents.

Third party programs would include tweakui
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

--

I beat it!
http://lineage2.plaync.jp/l2fun/flashGame.aspx

Mac

Putrid wrote:
> Is there a way to wipe "My Recent Documents" away when I get up from
> my computer?

Just go to: C:\Documents and Settings\your_name\Recent folder and delete
all in that folder.
OR
Right click on START/properties, select Customise/advanced and click on
clear list.

Regards

Mac

Aardvark

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:14:09 -0500, Putrid wrote:

> Is there a way to wipe "My Recent Documents" away when I get up from my
> computer?

Right-click your taskbar then click 'Properties'. It's in there under one
of the tabs (don't have a Windoze machine running at the moment so can't
be more exact). There's a setting in there to switch off recent docs.
I'll leave you to find that.

--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007.1 and Ubuntu 7.04

the other English teams put together

Mike Easter

Putrid wrote:
> Is there a way to wipe "My Recent Documents" away when I get up from
> my computer?

Name your operating system and version when you ask a question like
that, don't assume that anyone thinks you have Win XP instead of 98 or
Vista or Ubuntu.

Win XP/ R click Start menu/ Properties/ Start menu tab/ Customize
button/ Advanced tab/ my recent documents section: Clear list button.

--
Mike Easter

Mike Easter

Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:14:09 -0500

Voluntary courtesy clock police report...

That sez UTC 16:14 which is currently, as I post this, in the future.

That is, your clock setting or timezone offset are wrong.

--
Mike Easter

Putrid

Is there a way to wipe "My Recent Documents" away when I get up from
my computer?

Bucky Breeder

Putrid <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Is there a way to wipe "My Recent Documents"
> away when I get up from my computer?

Something like a butt-sensor in your chair seat? (^%
(I'm gettin' the patent on it!!!)

You could navigate to:

C:\Documents and Settings\[your user account]\My Recent Documents

~ Make sure you are displaying "hidden" folders
~ Drag the icon in the address bar to your desktop
~ Cut the shortcut anyplace you'd like it
~ If desired, rename, change icon (Properties) etc.
~ Click or double-click when you're ready to view or clear

Now, just delete the contents as desired...

Ctrl+A | Shift+Delete

I guess you could make a *.bat file...

--

I've heard that "Marriage changes passion..."
.... suddenly you're in bed with a relative!

Putrid

In 24hoursupport.helpdesk On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:58:48 -0700 "Mike
Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Putrid wrote:
>Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:14:09 -0500
>
>Voluntary courtesy clock police report...
>
>That sez UTC 16:14 which is currently, as I post this, in the future.
>
>That is, your clock setting or timezone offset are wrong.+

Weird!
Eveything looks to be set correctly but what's with the time above?
(On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:58:48 -0700)
How do I change this please?

Blinky the Shark

Bucky Breeder wrote:
> Putrid <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> Is there a way to wipe "My Recent Documents" away when I get up from
>> my computer?

> Something like a butt-sensor in your chair seat? (^%

Ew. Did you *have* to mention butt-sensors in a thread about
wiping?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Bucky Breeder

>> Putrid asks inquiring minds
>>>
>>> Is there a way to wipe "My Recent Documents"
>>> away when I get up from my computer?

> Bucky Breeder reflects:
>>
>> Something like a butt-sensor in your chair seat? (^%

Blinky the Shark retrospects:

> Ew. Did you *have* to mention butt-sensors
> in a thread about wiping?

I was going for a punch-line like "... bidet!"
But I just couldn't think of the word...
Alas, too pre-occupied with the Paris Hilton saga.

--

I've heard that "Marriage changes passion..."
.... suddenly you're in bed with a relative!

Xp - Deleting Recent documents list? Ian H Computer Support 5 06-07-2004 07:43 PM
recent documents viv Computer Support 6 06-07-2004 04:32 PM
my recent documents mark Computer Support 9 05-14-2004 05:43 PM
Maximum recent Documents in Win 2000 Alpine Dragon Computer Support 3 01-03-2004 10:56 PM
My recent documents in WinXP TM Computer Support 4 11-30-2003 06:12 PM

Advertisments