Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > hello

Reply
Thread Tools

hello

 
 
mary turner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2007
dear pete & ALISON JAKE
we try test to y if y have got recie my letter let me knoe ok love dad
mary


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
gangle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2007
"mary turner" wrote
> dear pete & ALISON JAKE
> we try test to y if y have got recie my letter let me knoe
> ok love dad


I told you to stop writing me. I am no longer interested
in taking acid and smoking crack. Go away.

Pete


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2007
mary turner wrote:
> dear pete & ALISON JAKE we try test to y if y have got recie my
> letter let me knoe ok love dad mary


Hey, guess what? NTL.

This one's now enshrined. I've created a subcategory for emails posted
to Usenet.

http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html


--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Flyer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2007

"Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> mary turner wrote:
>> dear pete & ALISON JAKE we try test to y if y have got recie my
>> letter let me knoe ok love dad mary

>
> Hey, guess what? NTL.
>
> This one's now enshrined. I've created a subcategory for emails posted
> to Usenet.
>
> http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html
>


be fair, it may use NTL, but the user is plugged into Tesco.net

P.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2007
"Flyer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>"Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) t...


>>> mary turner wrote:
>>> dear pete & ALISON JAKE we try test to y if y have got recie my
>>> letter let me knoe ok love dad mary


>> Hey, guess what? NTL.


>> This one's now enshrined. I've created a subcategory for emails posted
>> to Usenet.
>>
>> http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html
>>


>be fair, it may use NTL, but the user is plugged into Tesco.net
>
>P.


Not just any user, but the CEO of Tesco
http://www.sourcewire.com/releases/r...=17388&hilite=

--

I beat it!
http://lineage2.plaync.jp/l2fun/flashGame.aspx
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2007
On 10 Jun 2007 11:01:18 GMT, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>mary turner wrote:
>> dear pete & ALISON JAKE we try test to y if y have got recie my
>> letter let me knoe ok love dad mary

>
>Hey, guess what? NTL.
>
>This one's now enshrined. I've created a subcategory for emails posted
>to Usenet.
>
>http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html


<rant>

That's just one of the problems with NTL. Like most google-gropers, etc., they
don't seem to make any sense. Even when they use proper grammar, they *still*
don't make any sense, and frankly, I resent the time I waste trying just to
decipher the posts. How are people this (insert ignorant, lazy, what have you
here) going to understand the answers they're given if they can't write a
comprehensive question?

This is devolution in action.

</rant>

--
Naeser's Law: You can make it foolproof, but you can't make it damnfoolproof.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2007
Mara wrote:
> On 10 Jun 2007 11:01:18 GMT, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>mary turner wrote:
>>> dear pete & ALISON JAKE we try test to y if y have got recie my
>>> letter let me knoe ok love dad mary

>>
>>Hey, guess what? NTL.
>>
>>This one's now enshrined. I've created a subcategory for emails posted
>>to Usenet.
>>
>>http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html

>
><rant>
>
> That's just one of the problems with NTL. Like most google-gropers, etc., they
> don't seem to make any sense. Even when they use proper grammar, they *still*
> don't make any sense, and frankly, I resent the time I waste trying just to
> decipher the posts. How are people this (insert ignorant, lazy, what have you
> here) going to understand the answers they're given if they can't write a
> comprehensive question?
>
> This is devolution in action.
>
></rant>


I'm always amazed by the number of people who can't write (and how well
can they even read, if they think the above example (the misguided email
is English?) are drawn to this, a written medium. I don't play the
violin -- so I don't drag one out to the street corner and saw away at it
in public.

Q. What's the difference between bagpipes and a lawn mower?
A. You can tune a lawnmower.


--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
lame poaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2007
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Not just any user, but the CEO of Tesco
>http://www.sourcewire.com/releases/r...=17388&hilite=



OMG!!!

That is way funny...

 
Reply With Quote
 
DemoDisk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2007

"Blinky the Shark" wrote...

> I'm always amazed by the number of people who can't write (and how

well
> can they even read, if they think the above example (the misguided

email
> is English?) are drawn to this, a written medium. I don't play the
> violin -- so I don't drag one out to the street corner and saw away at

it
> in public.



They might pay you to stop...

Oh what the heck, sharks don't play the violin anyway.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2007
On 10 Jun 2007 18:23:38 GMT, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mara wrote:


<snip>

>><rant>
>>
>> That's just one of the problems with NTL. Like most google-gropers, etc., they
>> don't seem to make any sense. Even when they use proper grammar, they *still*
>> don't make any sense, and frankly, I resent the time I waste trying just to
>> decipher the posts. How are people this (insert ignorant, lazy, what have you
>> here) going to understand the answers they're given if they can't write a
>> comprehensive question?
>>
>> This is devolution in action.
>>
>></rant>

>
>I'm always amazed by the number of people who can't write (and how well
>can they even read, if they think the above example (the misguided email
>is English?) are drawn to this, a written medium. I don't play the
>violin -- so I don't drag one out to the street corner and saw away at it
>in public.


I'm with ya. Just look at how many pages there are online about usenet
etiquette, and yet almost every newbie totally ignores them. Even after they
arrive here and make fools out of themselves, they *still* ignore them. That's
why google groupers and ntlers are "famous."

I like this page:

http://www.dur.ac.uk/its/services/usenet/guidelines/

and the Usenet guidelines here:

http://tgos.org/newbie/rules.html

But this one's still my favorite:

http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html

>Q. What's the difference between bagpipes and a lawn mower?
>A. You can tune a lawnmower.


But you can't tuna fish.

I know. <GROAN>

--
Naeser's Law: You can make it foolproof, but you can't make it damnfoolproof.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
regular expression to parse {"hello", "hello world","1hello-2*hello"} Roy Java 6 01-07-2008 08:06 PM
Is there a built-in method for transforming (1,None,"Hello!") to 1,None,"Hello!"? Daniel Crespo Python 5 11-13-2005 12:52 PM
HELLO HELLO nevillenevilleson Computer Support 6 08-06-2005 08:32 PM
to print in the reverse order, ("Hello World" -> "World Hello") vijay C Programming 8 04-26-2005 02:11 AM
python hello.py hello_msg("Hello no", 3)??? Help, please! Carl Python 4 05-21-2004 07:19 PM



Advertisments