Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Alien box set?

Reply
Thread Tools

New Alien box set?

 
 
the dog from that film you saw
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2007

"Mark W" <s@o> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Beowulfie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with
>> only the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why not
>> drop the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.

>
> Was number 1 that good then? Don't forget the 'boo' moment in the airduct
> with Dallas where the alien thrusts its rubber hands toward camera, and
> the wobbly fingertips wibble and wobble for about half a minute.
>




presumably real life aliens were not available that day.



--
Gareth.

That fly... is your magic wand.
http://www.last.fm/user/dsbmusic/


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Robo-man
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2007

"Mark W" <s@o> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Beowulfie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with
>> only the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why not
>> drop the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.

>
> Was number 1 that good then? Don't forget the 'boo' moment in the airduct
> with Dallas where the alien thrusts its rubber hands toward camera, and
> the wobbly fingertips wibble and wobble for about half a minute.
>


Yes. It was that GOOD then. Still one of the BEST.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Robo-man
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2007

"Mark W" <s@o> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Beowulfie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with
>> only the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why not
>> drop the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.

>
> Was number 1 that good then? Don't forget the 'boo' moment in the airduct
> with Dallas where the alien thrusts its rubber hands toward camera, and
> the wobbly fingertips wibble and wobble for about half a minute.
>


I guess you also must think that Raiders of the Lost Ark sucks donkey
balls. Because you can see a snakes reflection off the glass that keeps
Harrison Ford from getting his face bitten.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Doug Jacobs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-11-2007
Mark W <s@o> wrote:

> Was number 1 that good then? Don't forget the 'boo' moment in the airduct
> with Dallas where the alien thrusts its rubber hands toward camera, and the
> wobbly fingertips wibble and wobble for about half a minute.


The poor thing had the shakes from battling its addiction to human
alcohol, you insensitive clod!

--
It's not broken. It's...advanced.
 
Reply With Quote
 
John Clancy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-12-2007
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:23:26 -0000, Doug Jacobs
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mark W <s@o> wrote:
>
>> Was number 1 that good then? Don't forget the 'boo' moment in the airduct
>> with Dallas where the alien thrusts its rubber hands toward camera, and the
>> wobbly fingertips wibble and wobble for about half a minute.

>
>The poor thing had the shakes from battling its addiction to human
>alcohol, you insensitive clod!


Should'nt that be its addiction to human alcoholics ?

JC
 
Reply With Quote
 
Doug Jacobs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-12-2007
John Clancy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >The poor thing had the shakes from battling its addiction to human
> >alcohol, you insensitive clod!


> Should'nt that be its addiction to human alcoholics ?


Ah....homo sapien liquor. Or would that be liquored homo sapien?

--
It's not broken. It's...advanced.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mark W
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2007

"Robo-man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ajKai.542435$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Beowulfie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with
>> only the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why not
>> drop the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.

>
> Even though #3 was a screw up. It still has its moments. But #4 is an
> abortion. Absolutely unwatchable from start to finish. With NO moments
> whatsoever. I need an airsick bag just thinking about it.
>


Alien Resurrection is not so bad if you imagine it's like a film version of
one of those Alien comic books.


 
Reply With Quote
 
dgates
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2007
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:47:15 +0100, "Mark W" <s@o> wrote:

>
>"Robo-man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:ajKai.542435$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Beowulfie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with
>>> only the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why not
>>> drop the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.

>>
>> Even though #3 was a screw up. It still has its moments. But #4 is an
>> abortion. Absolutely unwatchable from start to finish. With NO moments
>> whatsoever. I need an airsick bag just thinking about it.
>>

>
>Alien Resurrection is not so bad if you imagine it's like a film version of
>one of those Alien comic books.


Or imagine that it's a little like City of Lost Children, with aliens
and some strange sexuality thrown in
 
Reply With Quote
 
elrous0@pop.uky.edu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-22-2007
On Jun 9, 11:33 pm, "Robo-man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Even though #3 was a screw up. It still has its moments. But #4 is an
> abortion. Absolutely unwatchable from start to finish. With NO moments
> whatsoever. I need an airsick bag just thinking about it.


I thought it was great. I personally have liked all the Alien films
(with the exception of Alien vs. Predator, which I don't consider part
of the franchise). Alien Resurrection had a wit and quirky sense of
humor about it. It probably helps if you're a Jean-Pierre Jeunet fan,
though.

And, as a bonus, you get to see prototypes of some of the Joss Whedon
characters who would later appear in Firefly (most notably, Johner/
Jayne).

-Eric


 
Reply With Quote
 
Robo-man
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2007

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Jun 9, 11:33 pm, "Robo-man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Even though #3 was a screw up. It still has its moments. But #4 is an
>> abortion. Absolutely unwatchable from start to finish. With NO moments
>> whatsoever. I need an airsick bag just thinking about it.

>
> I thought it was great. I personally have liked all the Alien films
> (with the exception of Alien vs. Predator, which I don't consider part
> of the franchise). Alien Resurrection had a wit and quirky sense of
> humor about it. It probably helps if you're a Jean-Pierre Jeunet fan,
> though.
>
> And, as a bonus, you get to see prototypes of some of the Joss Whedon
> characters who would later appear in Firefly (most notably, Johner/
> Jayne).
>
> -Eric
>
>

Interesting. That is a good point about the Firefly similarity.

-Roboman.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Alien The Director's Cut same disc from Alien Quadrilogy? Barney DVD Video 4 10-03-2004 04:38 PM
Alien quad or Alien legacy Dragon DVD Video 6 09-16-2004 04:46 PM
Alien Quadrilogy Japanese Set w/Alien Head Mr Muckle DVD Video 1 05-26-2004 10:47 PM
Alien Quadrilogy - Alien 3 defect Morgan DVD Video 5 01-09-2004 11:05 PM
Alien Quad vs. Alien Legacy? Jordan Lund DVD Video 20 12-15-2003 07:04 PM



Advertisments