Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How much space is left on my Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 camera?

Reply
Thread Tools

How much space is left on my Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 camera?

 
 
Alan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-09-2007
I'm new to this camera, and have gone through all the menus and manual,
but cannot find any type of picture 'counter' or %used/free for the
memory - either internal or external. There are plenty of guides for
camera mode/megapixel size, movies, etc.., but that assumes that you
spend the whole day shooting the same thing all day long. But alas, not
all pictures deserve 7M, and if a few movies are thrown in, I'd like to
be able to keep tabs of how much space I have free - before I run out.

Anyone know?

Thanks
~Alan
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
if
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-09-2007
Alan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm new to this camera, and have gone through all the menus and manual,
> but cannot find any type of picture 'counter' or %used/free for the
> memory


I don't know about that specific model, but if you turn on all the on-
screen clutter to the maximum possible you should get a 3 or 4 digit number
which represents approximately how many pictures you have space for, on my
camera it's next to the battery status icon.

You can verify you're looking at the correct item by seeing if the number
goes down when you take a couple of pictures.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Calvin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2007
In article <Xns994AC603F6F48A3D9@212.23.3.119>,
if <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Alan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I'm new to this camera, and have gone through all the menus and manual,
> > but cannot find any type of picture 'counter' or %used/free for the
> > memory

>
> I don't know about that specific model, but if you turn on all the on-
> screen clutter to the maximum possible you should get a 3 or 4 digit number
> which represents approximately how many pictures you have space for, on my
> camera it's next to the battery status icon.
>
> You can verify you're looking at the correct item by seeing if the number
> goes down when you take a couple of pictures.


I have the TZ1 and I'll assume that the menu for the TZ3 is the same.....
press the "display/LCD Mode" button until the battery indicator is in
the upper right corner of the display. below the battery is the number
of photos remaining.
OR

press the right button in the circular menu buttons will display the
same info.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Allodoxaphobia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2007
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 14:51:21 -0500, Calvin wrote:
> if <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Alan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm new to this camera, and have gone through all the menus and manual,
>> > but cannot find any type of picture 'counter' or %used/free for the
>> > memory

>>
>> I don't know about that specific model, but if you turn on all the on-
>> screen clutter to the maximum possible you should get a 3 or 4 digit number
>> which represents approximately how many pictures you have space for, on my
>> camera it's next to the battery status icon.
>>
>> You can verify you're looking at the correct item by seeing if the number
>> goes down when you take a couple of pictures.

>
> I have the TZ1 and I'll assume that the menu for the TZ3 is the same.....
> press the "display/LCD Mode" button until the battery indicator is in
> the upper right corner of the display. below the battery is the number
> of photos remaining.
> OR
>
> press the right button in the circular menu buttons will display the
> same info.


But, of course, it's only a Very Good estimate. It it displays "300",
you may be able to shoot 300 more pictures. But, then again, you may
only get 280. Or, maybe you'll still be shooting after 320 shots.

If you always shoot with the lens cap on (like I do when using the
optical viewfinder), you'll probably be able to shoot a 1,000
or more additional "images".

The estimate becomes a lot more dependable as you get closer to Low
Numbers.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
38.24N 104.55W | @ config.com | Jonesy | OS/2
*** Killfiling google posts: <http://jonz.net/ng.htm>
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: How include a large array? Edward A. Falk C Programming 1 04-04-2013 08:07 PM
Why Python style guide (PEP-8) says 4 space indents instead of 8 space??? 8 space indents ever ok?? Christian Seberino Python 21 10-27-2003 04:20 PM
Re: Why Python style guide (PEP-8) says 4 space indents instead of8 space??? 8 space indents ever ok?? Ian Bicking Python 2 10-24-2003 11:15 AM
Re: Why Python style guide (PEP-8) says 4 space indents instead of8 space??? 8 space indents ever ok?? Ian Bicking Python 2 10-23-2003 07:07 AM
Stack space, global space, heap space Shuo Xiang C Programming 10 07-11-2003 07:30 PM



Advertisments