Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Trojan found in Kaspersky Internet suite

Trojan found in Kaspersky Internet suite

serracino

I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version of Kaspersky
Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling the Kaspersky, the trojan
disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

WhzzKdd

"serracino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version of Kaspersky
> Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
> alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling the Kaspersky, the trojan
> disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

And we're supposed to GUESS what your "ani malware" <sic> is? Personally,
I'd be MUCH more inclined to trust Kaspersky than most other software out
there.

Walter Mautner

serracino wrote:

> I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version of Kaspersky
> Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
> alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling the Kaspersky, the trojan
> disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

Trojans/rootkits and virus scanners often use similar techniques, so a
somehow heuristic scanner may find a false positive.
If you downloaded the trial from a trusted (no e-mailed link, did you type
the URL?) source, you can assume a false positive.

Blinky the Shark

WhzzKdd wrote:
> "serracino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version of Kaspersky
>> Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
>> alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling the Kaspersky, the trojan
>> disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp
>>

> And we're supposed to GUESS what your "ani malware" <sic> is? Personally,
> I'd be MUCH more inclined to trust Kaspersky than most other software out
> there.

....and someone posting from Google Groups?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

serracino

On 9 Jun, 16:38, "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:
> "serracino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>
> >I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version ofKaspersky
> > Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
> > alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling theKaspersky, the trojan
> > disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

> And we're supposed to GUESS what your "ani malware" <sic> is? Personally,
> I'd be MUCH more inclined to trustKasperskythan most other software out
> there.

My anti-malware is XSOFTSPY SE latest version 4.31

serracino

On 9 Jun, 19:47, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> WhzzKdd wrote:
> > "serracino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> >>I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version ofKaspersky
> >> Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
> >> alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling theKaspersky, the trojan
> >> disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

> > And we're supposed to GUESS what your "ani malware" <sic> is? Personally,
> > I'd be MUCH more inclined to trustKasperskythan most other software out
> > there.

> ...and someone posting from Google Groups?
>
> --
> Blinky RLU 297263
> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> The Usenet Improvement Project:http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

My anti-malware is XSOFTSPY SE 4.31

Plato

serracino wrote:

> I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version of Kaspersky
> Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
> alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling the Kaspersky, the trojan
> disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

Could always be a false positive. It happens even if you use the best
software that is totally safe. Thing is, lets say you develop this grand
perfectly OK ware and some anti-virus, anti-spyware says you got a
problem, the Author wont even listen to the developer of new ware they
are just ignored, forcing the developer to modify his/her ware.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Plato

serracino wrote:

> I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version of Kaspersky
> Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
> alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling the Kaspersky, the trojan
> disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

False positive, Kaspersky is 100% safe and real and has no problems,
even if you download it from here:

http://www.bootdisk.com/housecall/004.htm#1

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Bullseye

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 13:23:29 -0700, serracino wrote:

> On 9 Jun, 16:38, "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:
>> "serracino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>
>>>I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version ofKaspersky
>>> Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
>>> alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling theKaspersky, the trojan
>>> disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

>> And we're supposed to GUESS what your "ani malware" <sic> is? Personally,
>> I'd be MUCH more inclined to trustKasperskythan most other software out
>> there.

> My anti-malware is XSOFTSPY SE latest version 4.31

Sorry, but Xsoftspy is a piece of junk and once on the rogue antimalware
list itself. It is at the bottom of the line as far as antispyware apps
go, and has a history of finding false positives. Kaspersky, on the other
hand, is a top of the line antivirus and the company is one of the most
reputable. I would suggest uninstalled Xoftspy immediately and go with
something much more reliable, like Superantispyware, which scanner you can
use for free.