Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Toshiba HD-E1 HD-DVD Player

Toshiba HD-E1 HD-DVD Player

TDR911

While there is no clear winner in the home high-definition optical
storage feud yet, Toshiba has reaffirmed its direction with the
release of the HD-E1, an affordable HD-DVD player for your next home
entertainment revamp....

http://tophardware-news.blogspot.com

Lloyd Parsons

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
TDR911 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> While there is no clear winner in the home high-definition optical
> storage feud yet, Toshiba has reaffirmed its direction with the
> release of the HD-E1, an affordable HD-DVD player for your next home
> entertainment revamp....
>
> http://tophardware-news.blogspot.com

Hmm.... Strangely, on Toshiba's website there is no mention of this.

Is this possibly an export model?

JackShephard

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 19:36:24 -0500, Lloyd Parsons <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> TDR911 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> While there is no clear winner in the home high-definition optical
>> storage feud yet, Toshiba has reaffirmed its direction with the
>> release of the HD-E1, an affordable HD-DVD player for your next home
>> entertainment revamp....
>>
>> http://tophardware-news.blogspot.com

>Hmm.... Strangely, on Toshiba's website there is no mention of this.
>
>Is this possibly an export model?

Look at the website. Look at the prices. It is the Euro (E) model of
our second gen box. (OverPriced too) I pity those guys on consumer
electronic gear. Do they also pay a 15% boost on DVD titles?

Lloyd Parsons

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
JackShephard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 19:36:24 -0500, Lloyd Parsons <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> > TDR911 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> While there is no clear winner in the home high-definition optical
> >> storage feud yet, Toshiba has reaffirmed its direction with the
> >> release of the HD-E1, an affordable HD-DVD player for your next home
> >> entertainment revamp....
> >>
> >> http://tophardware-news.blogspot.com

> >Hmm.... Strangely, on Toshiba's website there is no mention of this.
> >
> >Is this possibly an export model?

> Look at the website. Look at the prices. It is the Euro (E) model of
> our second gen box. (OverPriced too) I pity those guys on consumer
> electronic gear. Do they also pay a 15% boost on DVD titles?

That ol' VAT'll get you everytime, huh?