Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > aspnet_regiis.exe is not a valid Win32 application

aspnet_regiis.exe is not a valid Win32 application

=?Utf-8?B?TWVsaXNzYQ==?=

I was having a problem on my computer and had to uninstall and re-install
iis. Now I am trying to re-register asp.net using
aspnet_regiis.exe -i
but the computer just gives me the error message "c:\...\aspnet_regiis.exe
is not a valid Win32 application"

I am using Windows XP SP 2, .NET Framework 2.0

Juan T. Llibre

Check your hard drive for corruption...

"Start button", "run", "cmd", and then :

chkdsk c: /r

Substitute the correct drive letter if you're booting from a drive other than C:.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
foros de asp.net, en espańol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
======================================
"Melissa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was having a problem on my computer and had to uninstall and re-install
> iis. Now I am trying to re-register asp.net using
> aspnet_regiis.exe -i
> but the computer just gives me the error message "c:\...\aspnet_regiis.exe
> is not a valid Win32 application"
>
> I am using Windows XP SP 2, .NET Framework 2.0

=?Utf-8?B?TWVsaXNzYQ==?=

I scanned the disk. Fortunately there was no corruption found.
Unfortunately my asp problem still exists.

"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

> Check your hard drive for corruption...
>
> "Start button", "run", "cmd", and then :
>
> chkdsk c: /r
>
> Substitute the correct drive letter if you're booting from a drive other than C:.
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> foros de asp.net, en espaƱol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
> ======================================
> "Melissa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I was having a problem on my computer and had to uninstall and re-install
> > iis. Now I am trying to re-register asp.net using
> > aspnet_regiis.exe -i
> > but the computer just gives me the error message "c:\...\aspnet_regiis.exe
> > is not a valid Win32 application"
> >
> > I am using Windows XP SP 2, .NET Framework 2.0

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Melissa,

try to reinstall the .NET FW.
smth wrong with your aspnet_regiis.exe

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

M> I scanned the disk. Fortunately there was no corruption found.
M> Unfortunately my asp problem still exists.
M>
M> "Juan T. Llibre" wrote:
M>
>> Check your hard drive for corruption...
>>
>> "Start button", "run", "cmd", and then :
>>
>> chkdsk c: /r
>>
>> Substitute the correct drive letter if you're booting from a drive
>> other than C:.
>>
>> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
>> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
>> foros de asp.net, en espaƱol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
>> ======================================
>> "Melissa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I was having a problem on my computer and had to uninstall and
>>> re-install
>>> iis. Now I am trying to re-register asp.net using
>>> aspnet_regiis.exe -i
>>> but the computer just gives me the error message
>>> "c:\...\aspnet_regiis.exe
>>> is not a valid Win32 application"
>>> I am using Windows XP SP 2, .NET Framework 2.0

Alexey Smirnov

On Jun 8, 11:33 pm, Melissa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I was having a problem on my computer and had to uninstall and re-install
> iis. Now I am trying to re-register asp.net using
> aspnet_regiis.exe -i
> but the computer just gives me the error message "c:\...\aspnet_regiis.exe
> is not a valid Win32 application"
>
> I am using Windows XP SP 2, .NET Framework 2.0

http://www.google.com/search?q=aspne...application%22

amir.khatibzadeh@gmail.com

U just need to run "SDK Command Prompt" in "Microsoft .NET Framework
SDK v2.0" on your Start menu!
then in that command editor u run your "aspnet_regiis.exe -i " command

=?Utf-8?B?TWVsaXNzYQ==?=

Thanks. I had tried a repair and a re-install without success. Finally I
uninstalled and let Visual Studio 2005 do the install SDK install and that
seemed to work for me.