Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Video driver update

Video driver update

Robin

I am attempting to update my ATI Radeon Xpress200 graphics card driver from
here: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/m...rated-mce.html . First, I
wanted to make sure that this is the correct driver for my situation, and
second, in the instructions, it calls for removing of old software in the
Add/Remove progs list. For instruction #2, I do not have what is listed "ATI
Software Uninstall Utility". I only have "ATI Control Panel" and "ATI
Display Driver". I also do not have an entry called "DAO". Do I just remove
what is there and continue on with the instructions? Or is there a vital
piece missing?

Removing Old ATI Software
Click on Start, then Control Panel, then go to Add/Remove Programs.
At the top of the list you should see several ATI entries. Select the entry
entitled ATI Software Uninstall Utility, and click Change/Remove.
You will be prompted to restart your system once the uninstall is complete.
Once restarted, check the Add/Remove Programs list again for any remaining
ATI software.
If any ATI software is still listed, click Change/Remove on those entries to
uninstall each one individually.
Next, please scroll through the list until you find an entry called DAO (see
screenshot below).
Select DAO, then Click Change/Remove to uninstall this program.