Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster

Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster

Lroupsmails006

Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster
http://thinktarget.net
Whenever you start your computer, you are faced with a few moments of
thumb twiddling while Windows XP boots and prompts you to log on.
Although you should expect to wait for a few moments, sometimes
Windows XP seems to boot rather slowly. In fact, you may notice that
over a period of time the PC that used to roar to life seems a bit
sluggish instead. Fortunately, you can perform several techniques that
help Windows XP get the bootup speed you want. This chapter explores
how to put these techniques to work.
read all tips here
www.thinktarget.net
Gmail tips, Firefox Tips, Making Windows XP 60% Fast, Work At Home
http://thinktarget.net
http://thinktarget.net
http://thinktarget.net
http://thinktarget.net

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
Lroupsmails006 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster

Think Mac!

Krypto

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 21:47:09 +0900, Stewy <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> Lroupsmails006 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster

>Think Mac!

No. Think of the numerous sites/software that are PC only! The
excellent Curvemeister software and training course (PC only) is but
one of many examples of why you shouldn't buy a MAC. Still much that
is not MAC friendly on the net. Lots of software/internet sites are PC
only because MAC has such a tiny marketshare that it's irrelevant to
the PC world.
That's why there hasn't been much of a response from the PC companies
regarding the ridiculus and false MAC TV ads we are innundated with.
We really could care less about you MAC wienies! PC's rule, get used
to it!

BTW: I used a MAC for about 10 years and I did like it, but for me the
MAC world was too small. Also, you can't tell me MACS are completely
trouble free as the MAC fanatics would have everyone believe. I know
different. There are just as many MAC problems as PC problems. The PC
that I have used for the last 6 years has been great and problem free.
Yeah, there are more PC virii because malware writers target the
biggest software user base, the PC. But you MAC guys are starting to
get your own fair share of virus attacks too. On the other hand, the
virus scare isn't that relevant unless you are so stupid as to not
have an anti-virus program. I have yet to get a virus that my
anti-virus software couldn't handle. So....yes there are more PC virus
out there but it's never been a problem for me because AV software
takes care of it.

I am an ex MAC fantic myself but after learning to use a PC I would
NEVER go back to a MAC.

Lastly, I built my own PC to my specs. Try that with a MAC!

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Krypto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 21:47:09 +0900, Stewy <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> > Lroupsmails006 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster

> >Think Mac!

> No. Think of the numerous sites/software that are PC only! The
> excellent Curvemeister software and training course (PC only) is but
> one of many examples of why you shouldn't buy a MAC. Still much that
> is not MAC friendly on the net. Lots of software/internet sites are PC
> only because MAC has such a tiny marketshare that it's irrelevant to
> the PC world.

Market share may have relevance but Mac hardware and software are
designed to be used together. Have you ever had a PC that works
perfectly straight out of the box?

> That's why there hasn't been much of a response from the PC companies
> regarding the ridiculus and false MAC TV ads we are innundated with.
> We really could care less about you MAC wienies! PC's rule, get used
> to it!

You mean Microsoft rules, just take a look at those ridiculous options
and flavours you get with the very late Vista - for a company with so
much cash, how come it takes them so long to get something half right?

I use my Mac for two languages - Japanese and English. While with an
awful lot of wasted time fiddling with Windows, I can maybe get kanji up
there on screen, the menus are still in English and no good for Japanese
colleagues - so they use the Japanese OS. This gives me a problem.

My iMac has 16 languages right there in System Preferences and switching
between them is simple - just drag the language to the top and
everything changes. Breathtakingly simple compared to the monolingual
Windows crap.

> BTW: I used a MAC for about 10 years and I did like it, but for me the
> MAC world was too small. Also, you can't tell me MACS are completely
> trouble free as the MAC fanatics would have everyone believe. I know
> different. There are just as many MAC problems as PC problems. The PC
> that I have used for the last 6 years has been great and problem free.
> Yeah, there are more PC virii because malware writers target the
> biggest software user base, the PC. But you MAC guys are starting to
> get your own fair share of virus attacks too. On the other hand, the
> virus scare isn't that relevant unless you are so stupid as to not
> have an anti-virus program. I have yet to get a virus that my
> anti-virus software couldn't handle. So....yes there are more PC virus
> out there but it's never been a problem for me because AV software
> takes care of it.

Hackers aim malware at the biggest target. Microsoft didn't really give
a damn in the past about viruses - Symantec probably begged MS to ignore
the problem.

> I am an ex MAC fantic myself but after learning to use a PC I would
> NEVER go back to a MAC.
>
> Lastly, I built my own PC to my specs. Try that with a MAC!

Why should I want to do that? The G5 is a super-duper whiz of a machine
with so many option they'll build in for you. My humble G4 has lots of
options I've never taken up - connections and built-in hardware for a
second monitor, for example.

I do have a 2.8ghz PC running WinXP which I use for ripping DVDs and
printing monochrome, but the blue screen of death is a common sight and
if an app crashes, usually the OS does too. The Mac OS seems impervious
to app crashes.

Annika1980

On Jun 9, 3:08 pm, Krypto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I have yet to get a virus that my anti-virus software couldn't handle.

That's because they are both written by the same people.

David J Taylor

Stewy wrote:
[]
> I do have a 2.8ghz PC running WinXP which I use for ripping DVDs and
> printing monochrome, but the blue screen of death is a common sight
> and if an app crashes, usually the OS does too. The Mac OS seems
> impervious to app crashes.

Windows XP does not crash simply from burning DVDs or printing. You seem
to have a faulty application, or faulty hardware.

David

Ron Hunter

Stewy wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> Lroupsmails006 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster

> Think Mac!

About as much sense as shooting off your toes so you can wear smaller
shoe size.

Shawn Hirn

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Krypto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 21:47:09 +0900, Stewy <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> > Lroupsmails006 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster

> >Think Mac!

> No. Think of the numerous sites/software that are PC only! The
> excellent Curvemeister software and training course (PC only) is but
> one of many examples of why you shouldn't buy a MAC.

Why not? Such web sites are few and far between. With a modern Mac, you
can easily run Windows XP or Vista for those few occasions where Windows
is needed and still run Mac OS X the rest of the time. I run both
Windows XP and Mac OS X on my MacPro at work daily and the combination
works fine. I use Mac OS X for probably 90% of the work I do, then for
the few things I need Windows XP for, I simply click on my virtual
Windows XP window and do what I need to do, no big deal.