Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Tkinter - Force toplevel window to stay on top of Tk() window

Tkinter - Force toplevel window to stay on top of Tk() window

rahulnag22@yahoo.com

Hi,
I have a Tk() window "base_win = Tk()" with multiple frames on it
having a combination of widgets. If I click on say a button widget
which launches a new top level window "new_win = TopLevel()", I was
looking for a way for this "new_win" to always stay on top of
"base_win" till I close "new_win", as a result also not allowing any
selections to be made in the "base_win" .
Thanks
Rahul

kyosohma@gmail.com

On Jun 8, 11:48 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a Tk() window "base_win = Tk()" with multiple frames on it
> having a combination of widgets. If I click on say a button widget
> which launches a new top level window "new_win = TopLevel()", I was
> looking for a way for this "new_win" to always stay on top of
> "base_win" till I close "new_win", as a result also not allowing any
> selections to be made in the "base_win" .
> Thanks
> Rahul

You need to research showing modal dialogs. This link looks promising:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tki...ch/000371.html

This one from Lundh's site has better explanations on dialog's in
general:

http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/tkinte...og-windows.htm

Mike