Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Requirements for clients of ASP.Net site with Crystal Reports

Requirements for clients of ASP.Net site with Crystal Reports

Alex Sadomov

Hello all
I know that while deployment of the desktop .Net applications some additional
Crystal dll-libraries and licence should be installed with application on
a client machine. Is there any requirements for clients of ASP.Net web-site
with Crystal Reports? Or it will be enough to install additional Crystal
libraries and licence on a server

Kevin Spencer

The requirements for the client are a computer with an internet connection,
and a browser.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

Printing Components, Email Components,
http://www.miradyne.net

"Alex Sadomov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Hello all
> I know that while deployment of the desktop .Net applications some
> additional Crystal dll-libraries and licence should be installed with
> application on a client machine. Is there any requirements for clients of
> ASP.Net web-site with Crystal Reports? Or it will be enough to install
> additional Crystal libraries and licence on a server

Alex Sadomov

Hello Kevin,
Does it mean that when user will open any Crystal Report for a first time
it will NOT offer to download and install some activeX control or something
else to show it?

> The requirements for the client are a computer with an internet
> connection, and a browser.
>
> Kevin Spencer
> Microsoft MVP
> Printing Components, Email Components,
> FTP Client Classes, Enhanced Data Controls, much more.
> DSI PrintManager, Miradyne Component Libraries:
> http://www.miradyne.net
> "Alex Sadomov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). com..

Kevin Spencer

Hi Alex,

If it required an ActiveX Control on the client, I would have told you.
Here's a helpful article on the subject:

http://www.123aspx.com/redir.aspx?res=28239