Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > MS Vista Business 64-bit (max.supported RAM ?)

MS Vista Business 64-bit (max.supported RAM ?)

=?Utf-8?B?VGVybw==?=

Hello,

Just wondering what is the max. amount of RAM that MS Vista Business 64-bit
is supporting, main idea is to build powerful workstation PC. (not to intent
to use it as a server). Does someone have any experience to use for instance
8Gt (RAM) with MS Vista Business 64-bit? Is it working or not, I've read
from diff.forums that there've been quite a much problems with RAM larger
than 4Gt. Is it true?

RobinS

Try posting your question to a Windows newsgroup. This is a .Net
programming newsgroup.

Robin S.
------------------
"Tero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> Just wondering what is the max. amount of RAM that MS Vista Business
> 64-bit
> is supporting, main idea is to build powerful workstation PC. (not to
> intent
> to use it as a server). Does someone have any experience to use for
> instance
> 8Gt (RAM) with MS Vista Business 64-bit? Is it working or not, I've read
> from diff.forums that there've been quite a much problems with RAM larger
> than 4Gt. Is it true?

Dustin Harper

The 32Bit OS'es have issues with >4GB. The 64Bit version supports something
like 16TB or so. You're good for quite a while (I think I heard that with
the 32Bit revolution, too!).

8 GB works well. Make sure you check your motherboard specs for RAM type and
supported RAM (ECC, etc), and max supported RAM with the motherboard.

--
Dustin Harper
http://www.vistarip.com