Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Currently Logged on users

Currently Logged on users

gover

Hello,
Is ther an API I can use to get a list of / or the number of users
currently logged on to an iis6 or iis 7 web app. I Know IIS keeps a seesion
for each user. how can i get an enumeration of those sessions? I realize
that the session m,ay have timed out, but if i'm trying to redeploy an app
to iis , it would be nice if i coul verify that the number of active session
was xero before pushing out any changes, essentially killing all active
sessions.
Russ

=?Utf-8?B?U2l2YSBN?=

One approach is to have an application-level counter (stored in Application
state) that will be incremented in the Session_Start event and the same will
be decremented in the Session_End event. Both the session events can be
hooked from global.asax.