Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > XP loses wireless connection when rebooting

XP loses wireless connection when rebooting

Greg

I cannot wirelessly connect. I can hardwired though. Also I get the Zeor
connection message everytime i try to view my wireless netowrks. Can you help
me? I have a Dell Inspirion running XP Home

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Even you haven't install the wireless software, it could be other 3rd party
> software. For troubleshooting, start the computer with clean boot.
>
> Windows generalHow to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run Windows
> Safe Mode with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort
> programs in Start ...
> http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...owsgeneral.htm
>

> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "BSchooler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Pls. Help...i am having same issue as bobhpdx...i recently upgraded
> > Lynksis
> > routers and now wireless connection disconnects on rebooting....BUT i have
> > not installed any software from the lynksis router in to the problem
> > computer
> > (i have two computers and the problem-free computer has the software)...it
> > was working fine under the old linksys router...now, i tried going to the
> > startup menu, but not sure which one to unclick??? these are the
> > choices....any idea?
> >
> > CLIStart
> > stsystra
> > ccApp
> > osCheck
> > jusched
> > WLTRAY
> > ctfmon
> > IPSecClient Icon
> > Microsoft Office
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> > --
> > bschooler
> >

> > "bobhpdx" wrote:
> >

> >> Thanks - that did it went to start, run, msconfig and turned off trendnet
> >> startup app - works every time now
> >>
> >> BobHpdx

Greg

I cannot connect wirelessly and I cannot even view all connections to choose
a ssid so what am I doing worng?

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Even you haven't install the wireless software, it could be other 3rd party
> software. For troubleshooting, start the computer with clean boot.
>
> Windows generalHow to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run Windows
> Safe Mode with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort
> programs in Start ...
> http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...owsgeneral.htm
>

> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "BSchooler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Pls. Help...i am having same issue as bobhpdx...i recently upgraded
> > Lynksis
> > routers and now wireless connection disconnects on rebooting....BUT i have
> > not installed any software from the lynksis router in to the problem
> > computer
> > (i have two computers and the problem-free computer has the software)...it
> > was working fine under the old linksys router...now, i tried going to the
> > startup menu, but not sure which one to unclick??? these are the
> > choices....any idea?
> >
> > CLIStart
> > stsystra
> > ccApp
> > osCheck
> > jusched
> > WLTRAY
> > ctfmon
> > IPSecClient Icon
> > Microsoft Office
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> > --
> > bschooler
> >

> > "bobhpdx" wrote:
> >

> >> Thanks - that did it went to start, run, msconfig and turned off trendnet
> >> startup app - works every time now
> >>
> >> BobHpdx

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Maybe this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I cannot connect wirelessly and I cannot even view all connections to
>choose
> a ssid so what am I doing worng?
>
> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Even you haven't install the wireless software, it could be other 3rd
>> party
>> software. For troubleshooting, start the computer with clean boot.
>>
>> Windows generalHow to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run
>> Windows
>> Safe Mode with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort
>> programs in Start ...
>> http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...owsgeneral.htm
>>

>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>> "BSchooler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Pls. Help...i am having same issue as bobhpdx...i recently upgraded
>> > Lynksis
>> > routers and now wireless connection disconnects on rebooting....BUT i
>> > have
>> > not installed any software from the lynksis router in to the problem
>> > computer
>> > (i have two computers and the problem-free computer has the
>> > software)...it
>> > was working fine under the old linksys router...now, i tried going to
>> > the
>> > startup menu, but not sure which one to unclick??? these are the
>> > choices....any idea?
>> >
>> > CLIStart
>> > stsystra
>> > ccApp
>> > osCheck
>> > jusched
>> > WLTRAY
>> > ctfmon
>> > IPSecClient Icon
>> > Microsoft Office
>> >
>> > thanks.
>> >
>> > --
>> > bschooler

Lem

Greg wrote:
> I cannot wirelessly connect. I can hardwired though. Also I get the Zeor
> connection message everytime i try to view my wireless netowrks. Can you help
> me? I have a Dell Inspirion running XP Home

You'll have to do better than "I get the Zeor connection message" if you
want any help.

see:
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

If you have an Inspiron laptop, try turning the wifi radio on: see your
laptop User Guide for details (probably Fn+F2).

--
Lem -- MS-MVP