Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > SipGate - ordering Hardware from then?

SipGate - ordering Hardware from then?

Gordon Henderson

Anyone bought any hardwware from SipGate Recently? Did they
deliver? On-time? Any other comments? (No, not about their VoIP service
which I find is is generally OK, I'm just asking about ordering hardware
from them...

Cheers,

Gordon

Bill Taylor

On 07 Jun 2007 10:15:26 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Gordon Henderson)
wrote:

>Anyone bought any hardwware from SipGate Recently? Did they
>deliver? On-time? Any other comments? (No, not about their VoIP service
>which I find is is generally OK, I'm just asking about ordering hardware
>from them...

Bought a Fritzbox 7140 from them in January, Arrived OK with no
untoward delay..

(I have my doubts about the quality of the Fritzbox ADSL modem, but
that's not Sipgates fault.

Bill

Ivor Jones

"Gordon Henderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4667dabe$0$30329$(E-Mail Removed)
> Anyone bought any hardwware from SipGate Recently? Did
> they
> deliver? On-time? Any other comments? (No, not about
> their VoIP service which I find is is generally OK, I'm
> just asking about ordering hardware from them...

Not for a while, but had my Fritz!Box from them which was very prompt.
ISTR they use UPS.

Ivor

Ivor Jones

"Bill Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On 07 Jun 2007 10:15:26 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Gordon
> Henderson) wrote:
>
> > Anyone bought any hardwware from SipGate Recently? Did
> > they
> > deliver? On-time? Any other comments? (No, not about
> > their VoIP service which I find is is generally OK, I'm
> > just asking about ordering hardware from them...
> >

> Bought a Fritzbox 7140 from them in January, Arrived OK
> with no untoward delay..
>
> (I have my doubts about the quality of the Fritzbox ADSL
> modem, but that's not Sipgates fault.

What's the problem with it..? I've had my original Fritz (not the wireless
one) for a while and no untoward problems. AVM tech support are pretty
good, have you asked them..?

Ivor

Bill Taylor

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 14:35:19 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bill Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> On 07 Jun 2007 10:15:26 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Gordon
>> Henderson) wrote:
>>
>> > Anyone bought any hardwware from SipGate Recently? Did
>> > they
>> > deliver? On-time? Any other comments? (No, not about
>> > their VoIP service which I find is is generally OK, I'm
>> > just asking about ordering hardware from them...
>> >

>> Bought a Fritzbox 7140 from them in January, Arrived OK
>> with no untoward delay..
>>
>> (I have my doubts about the quality of the Fritzbox ADSL
>> modem, but that's not Sipgates fault.

>What's the problem with it..? I've had my original Fritz (not the wireless
>one) for a while and no untoward problems. AVM tech support are pretty
>good, have you asked them..?
>
>Ivor

The problem is that the internet connection is being dropped
intermittently, usually for 20-30 seconds, but sometimes for a few
minutes. It may not be the Fritzbox that's causing it, but I wasn't
aware of a similar problem with the previous modem/router.

It's not really a problem for normal internet access, but it always
seems to happen during a VOIP call, resulting in a dropped line.

I'm currently using a different modem/router to try and find out if it
is the Fritzbox or another problem.

Bill