Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Google Earth

Google Earth

Pancho

In the Google Earth prog, is it possible to find out when the pictures where
actually taken? I have searched thru it but can't seem to find the answer,
Thanks for any replies.

Robb

Pancho wrote:

>In the Google Earth prog, is it possible to find out when the pictures where
>actually taken? I have searched thru it but can't seem to find the answer,

You probably googled for the answer? They published that information in
the Rhode Island Express Newspaper three years ago, but nobody cared.

All the maps are of Central Oklahoma, they just move the streets and dots
around to "look" like other places.

>Thanks for any replies.

Yeah I bet.

--
Robb

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

http://landsat.gsfc.nasa.gov/data/tech_details.html

Referenced from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landsat

--

http://www.onahorse.com/

Viruschecker

Pancho wrote:
> In the Google Earth prog, is it possible to find out when the pictures where
> actually taken? I have searched thru it but can't seem to find the answer,
> Thanks for any replies.

Check the DigitalGlobe box on the layers menu. It only shows the dates
when you are zoomed out a ways

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Hair Pie wrote:

> In 24hoursupport.helpdesk On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 08:43:58 GMT "Pancho"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :
>
>> In the Google Earth prog, is it possible to find out when the
>> pictures where actually taken? I have searched thru it but can't
>> seem to find the answer, Thanks for any replies.

> Autumn, 1999

Maybe some of it. The view of my house was a low resolution blur until
just a few months ago. Now it is a high-res view in which I can see my
truck in front of the garage, and my daughter's car out front by the
street (there was a for sale sign on it). She had the car for sale last
summer.

I live in a fairly small village in Upstate New York.

--
-bts

Hair Pie

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>In the Google Earth prog, is it possible to find out when the pictures where
>actually taken? I have searched thru it but can't seem to find the answer,
>Thanks for any replies.

Autumn, 1999

Blinky the Shark

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> I live in a fairly small village in Upstate New York.

I have a friend in Malone. Can you get smaller than that?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> I live in a fairly small village in Upstate New York.

> I have a friend in Malone. Can you get smaller than that?

This Malone?

<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=malone,+ny&ie=UTF8&ll=44.847898,-74.293671&spn=0.031643,0.072784&z=14&om=1>

There are more streets there than in my village.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Malone-New-York.html

"Population (year 2000): 14,981. Estimated population in July 2005:
14,807 (-1.2% change)"

For year 2000, the population in my village was 1,496.

--
-bts

Blinky the Shark

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>> I live in a fairly small village in Upstate New York.

>> I have a friend in Malone. Can you get smaller than that?

> This Malone?
>
><http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=malone,+ny&ie=UTF8&ll=44.847898,-74.293671&spn=0.031643,0.072784&z=14&om=1>
>
> There are more streets there than in my village.
>
> http://www.city-data.com/city/Malone-New-York.html
>
> "Population (year 2000): 14,981. Estimated population in July 2005:
> 14,807 (-1.2% change)"
>
> For year 2000, the population in my village was 1,496.

That's no village. That's a scout camp.

Back in the sixties, I was driving to Daytona Beach from Michigan.
They were still building the interstates, and in Tennessee I hit a
stretch where I'd be on new interstate for 20 miles, then off on a state
road for 10, back and forth like that for, as I recall, most of
Tennessee. At one point, waaaay out in the back woods, I came over a
rise and saw down the hill in front of me three or four buildings next
to the road...and on my right was a hand-painted sign that said: Welcome
To Stupidville Pop. 7"

--

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> For year 2000, the population in my village was 1,496.

> That's no village. That's a scout camp.

Har!

> ...and on my right was a hand-painted sign that said: Welcome To
> Stupidville Pop. 7"

That's cute.

Can't remember the name of the town, but it was in Wyoming years ago,
and it said:

NameOfTown
Pop: 75 2/9

The two/ninths was added by using stick-on mailbox numbers.

--
-bts