Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > VS2005/ASP.NET/C#: Can't Switch To Component Designer

VS2005/ASP.NET/C#: Can't Switch To Component Designer

Simon

Hi All,

When I open a web form, even a relatively simple one, I don't see
data
controls that have previously been availble for me to configure. And
if I right-click to "View Component Designer", I receive an error.
Here's an example from a simple form:

"One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The
errors
are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your
project,
while others may require code changes."

The variable 'btnRefresh' is either undeclared or was never assigned.
Hide

at
System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDom SerializerBase.Error(IDes*
ignerSerializationManager
manager, String exceptionText, String helpLink)
at
System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDom SerializerBase.Deserializ*
eExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager
manager, String name, CodeExpression expression)
at
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.WebForms.ControlCodeDom Serializer.DeserializeLef*
t(IDesignerSerializationManager
manager, CodeStatement statement)
at
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.WebForms.ControlCodeDom Serializer.Deserialize(ID*
esignerSerializationManager
manager, Object codeObject)
at
System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCod eDomSerializer.Deserializ*
eName(IDesignerSerializationManager
manager, String name, CodeStatementCollection statements)

This all worked fine until recently. The only change that I can
recall
making is to install Visual Studio Tools for Office, but, since I am
not sure sure it is the cause, I don't want it to detract too much
from the principal problem. In any case, I have removed the VSTO
components and the problem still persists.

Can anyone assist?

Many thanks!

Simon Lane