Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Unable to view wireless networks/disconnecting from home network

Unable to view wireless networks/disconnecting from home network

Frank Shelledy

System is Dell Lattitude C640. Connected to home network via router. After a
while I am disconnected. Selecting 'view available networks' I get message
'Windows connot configure this nework'. Apparently using Dell software, but
I cannot access that software.

Help Please.

Frank Shelledy

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Might be that the Dell software and Windows Wireless utility (WZC) are
conflicting.
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.htm
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Frank Shelledy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed). ..
> System is Dell Lattitude C640. Connected to home network via router. After
> a while I am disconnected. Selecting 'view available networks' I get
> message 'Windows connot configure this nework'. Apparently using Dell
> software, but I cannot access that software.
>
> Help Please.
>
> Frank Shelledy

Frank Shelledy

In previous posting I described problem with Dell laptop, not activating
WZC. Responder referred me to ezlan, and I was able to manually activate WZC
through services.msc. I want to activate WZC on startup, rather than
manually. This would require me to shut off the Dell wireless software??

Please help me with this problem.

Frank Shelledy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Might be that the Dell software and Windows Wireless utility (WZC) are
> conflicting.
> May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.htm
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Frank Shelledy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> System is Dell Lattitude C640. Connected to home network via router.
>> After a while I am disconnected. Selecting 'view available networks' I
>> get message 'Windows connot configure this nework'. Apparently using Dell
>> software, but I cannot access that software.
>>
>> Help Please.
>>
>> Frank Shelledy

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Yeah, you better of taking the Dell Wireless software out of the start up.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Frank Shelledy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> In previous posting I described problem with Dell laptop, not activating
> WZC. Responder referred me to ezlan, and I was able to manually activate
> WZC through services.msc. I want to activate WZC on startup, rather than
> manually. This would require me to shut off the Dell wireless software??
>
> Please help me with this problem.
>
> Frank Shelledy
>

> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>> Might be that the Dell software and Windows Wireless utility (WZC) are
>> conflicting.
>> May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.htm
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "Frank Shelledy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> System is Dell Lattitude C640. Connected to home network via router.
>>> After a while I am disconnected. Selecting 'view available networks' I
>>> get message 'Windows connot configure this nework'. Apparently using
>>> Dell software, but I cannot access that software.
>>>
>>> Help Please.
>>>
>>> Frank Shelledy

Frank Shelledy

Hi Jack,

I didn't find any items in startup that looked like the Dell wireless
software.

Can I start WZC in startup?

Frank Shelledy

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...