Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Pls end my nightmare! howto getrid of webform_savescrollpositionsu

Pls end my nightmare! howto getrid of webform_savescrollpositionsu

=?Utf-8?B?TWVyZGFhZA==?=

I am using ASP.NET 2.0 C#

I am getting errors when I publish my site. It works fine on our local
server.

Pages that have maintainscrollpositiononpostback=true set, get errors such
as: "loaded with error"; webform_savescrollpositionsubmit not found.

In my local machine, that file is apprantly in the right place.
In the remote server it's not.

Any ideas or do I need to tell it to create this axd file in some absolute
path.

If there is another way of getting around this problem, I would love to hear
it.

Thank you so much

Jason Kester

On Jun 7, 4:32 am, Merdaad <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Pages that have maintainscrollpositiononpostback=true set, get errors such
> as: "loaded with error"; webform_savescrollpositionsubmit not found.

Yikes! End your own nightmare! Quit using built-in garbage like
maintainscrollpositiononpostback and deal with this trivial issue
yourself. Count the number of hours you've spent trying to work
around this little "magic" feature. Now imagine the nice compact
little piece of script you could have written by hand to solve your
exact problem.

Here's a bit of advice that will make your life a bit easier: Never
use any language feature containing the word "Smart" or "Magic" (or
more than 25 characters long, such as
MaintainScrollPositionAndDoABunchOfRandomOtherStuf fToMakeMyLifeAlivingNightmare).
Those things are not intended for real developers doing real work.
They are for executives drag/dropping their way to a silly prototype.
As you have noticed, features like this never actually work in the
real world.

Good luck!

Jason Kester
Expat Software Consulting Services
http://www.expatsoftware.com/

---
Get your own Travel Blog, with itinerary maps and photos!
http://www.blogabond.com/

How do you remove Trojan Virus? My McAfee program can't seem to getrid of it. The Sun Tribe Computer Security 14 05-29-2009 03:47 AM
URGENT - Pls help...pls recommend - laptop purchase irfansmith@gmail.com Computer Information 2 08-15-2008 11:34 PM
Measure delay end-to-end Dave Cisco 1 07-20-2004 12:51 PM
is there a difference between CIR and CIR+end to end clear channel connection? ike lozada Cisco 0 05-27-2004 02:34 AM
pls, help.. i need a number..pls olabanji timothy MCSE 7 09-10-2003 04:02 PM

Advertisments