Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Number Of exam Questions and Timings?

Number Of exam Questions and Timings?

Emma

Hi,

I'm going to be taking 70-294, and i'm a bit confused
about the format of the exam... I've looked all over the
MS site but can't find anything conclusive....Does anyone
know how many questions i'll be asked, how long i'll have
to do it and what percentage is a pass mark?

Not done any 2003 MCPs before so have no idea(as you can
tell)!!

Thanks All,

Rowdy Yates

"Emma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1c2a01c4d78d
$35011340$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
>
> I'm going to be taking 70-294, and i'm a bit confused
> about the format of the exam... I've looked all over the
> MS site but can't find anything conclusive....Does anyone
> know how many questions i'll be asked, how long i'll have
> to do it and what percentage is a pass mark?
>
> Not done any 2003 MCPs before so have no idea(as you can
> tell)!!
>
> Thanks All,

you probably shouldn't book the exam if you have no clue what to expect.
didn't you do any practice tests?

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/

=?Utf-8?B?RW1tYQ==?=

Hi - did the practie test that came with the MS training Kit - was 45
questions in 90 minutes - seems quite easy... just confused as the ones you
can download say that they are 150 Questions... is that just a big selection
of possible questions?

The only reason i'm confused about this is because this basic information
doesn't appear to be readily availble anywhere!

Cheers,

"Rowdy Yates" wrote:

> "Emma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1c2a01c4d78d
> $35011340$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm going to be taking 70-294, and i'm a bit confused
> > about the format of the exam... I've looked all over the
> > MS site but can't find anything conclusive....Does anyone
> > know how many questions i'll be asked, how long i'll have
> > to do it and what percentage is a pass mark?
> >
> > Not done any 2003 MCPs before so have no idea(as you can
> > tell)!!
> >
> > Thanks All,
> >

> you probably shouldn't book the exam if you have no clue what to expect.
> didn't you do any practice tests?
>
> --
> Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
> http://www.mcngp.com/
> "Shhhh... Do you smell that? I think is't Albanian Goat Smegma!"
> http://www.geocities.com/rowdy_yates_mcngp/
> http://www.geocities.com/rowdy_yates_mcngp/google.gif

Neil

did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?RW1tYQ==?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> say
in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> The only reason i'm confused about this is because this basic
> information doesn't appear to be readily availble anywhere!

since this information changes on a fairly regular basis (MS likes to keep
teh cheaters guessing - sometimes), even the details on the internet would
be inadequate. 700 is the passing score now and the rest is a mystery. Call
your test center, they might be able to give you some idea. Personally I
wouldn't worry about it as the number of questions you should try and get
right are "all of them" and you should try and finish the exam "before the
timer runs out". If you know the material, this is no problem. Good luck...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Neil

did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?RW1tYQ==?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> just confused as the ones you
> can download say that they are 150 Questions...

that is for sample tests. I have seen as many as 880 questions in a test
engine but the max for a real exam are the beta exams were I have had 160-
200 questions. usually around the 50-100 questions..

--
Neil MCNGP #30