Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook 2002

Outlook 2002

XTREV

When a user types an email address in the To, Cc and Bcc boxes, Outlook 2002
will check the names against the ones in the contact folders. It also
displays the email address but only if you have used it before.

How do you tell Outlook to autofill or display all the email addresses even
if you have not used it before as you start typing in the To box?

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this inquiry and/or replies.

Trev

Blinky the Shark

XTREV wrote:
> When a user types an email address in the To, Cc and Bcc boxes, Outlook 2002
> will check the names against the ones in the contact folders. It also
> displays the email address but only if you have used it before.
>
> How do you tell Outlook to autofill or display all the email addresses even
> if you have not used it before as you start typing in the To box?

You want it to autocomplete addresses it's never heard of?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

XTREV

Only autocomplete addresses in the Contacts folder when connected to a MS
Exchange Server.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> XTREV wrote:
> > When a user types an email address in the To, Cc and Bcc boxes, Outlook

2002
> > will check the names against the ones in the contact folders. It also
> > displays the email address but only if you have used it before.
> >
> > How do you tell Outlook to autofill or display all the email addresses

even
> > if you have not used it before as you start typing in the To box?

> You want it to autocomplete addresses it's never heard of?
>

> --
> Blinky RLU 297263
> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

old man

When you type it doesnt check addresses in your contact folder, it checks
addresses in the autocomplete file, which is only used if you turn
autocomplete on under email options.
Thats why you sometimes get incorrect or invalid addresses shown
If you click 'To' however it should bring up an Address book View of your
Contacts folder

"XTREV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:28D9i.32246$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> Only autocomplete addresses in the Contacts folder when connected to a MS
> Exchange Server.

> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > XTREV wrote:
> > > When a user types an email address in the To, Cc and Bcc boxes,

Outlook
> 2002
> > > will check the names against the ones in the contact folders. It also
> > > displays the email address but only if you have used it before.
> > >
> > > How do you tell Outlook to autofill or display all the email addresses

> even
> > > if you have not used it before as you start typing in the To box?

> > You want it to autocomplete addresses it's never heard of?
> >

> > --
> > Blinky RLU 297263
> > Killing all posts from Google Groups
> > The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

XTREV

Ok, it makes sense, but where is this autocomplete file located? Is there a
possibility to import all the email addresses from the contacts folder?

Thanks.
"old man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NnD9i.15868$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When you type it doesnt check addresses in your contact folder, it checks
> addresses in the autocomplete file, which is only used if you turn
> autocomplete on under email options.
> Thats why you sometimes get incorrect or invalid addresses shown
> If you click 'To' however it should bring up an Address book View of your
> Contacts folder
>
> "XTREV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:28D9i.32246$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> > Only autocomplete addresses in the Contacts folder when connected to a

MS
> > Exchange Server.
> >
> > "Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

> Outlook
> > 2002

also

addresses
> > even
> > >
> > > You want it to autocomplete addresses it's never heard of?
> > >

> > > --
> > > Blinky RLU 297263
> > > Killing all posts from Google Groups
> > > The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

Gordon

"XTREV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:T4E9i.6774$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Ok, it makes sense, but where is this autocomplete file located? Is there
> possibility to import all the email addresses from the contacts folder?

Why would you want to do that? Saving say, 0.5 seconds per email?

XTREV

Let's say someone from top management asks for it. They are used to the
autocomplete suggestions. Then, all of the sudden, his comptuer goes out.
You get him a new computer and he no longer has the autocomplete
suggestions.

news:(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> "XTREV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:T4E9i.6774$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > Ok, it makes sense, but where is this autocomplete file located? Is

there
> > possibility to import all the email addresses from the contacts folder?
> >

> Why would you want to do that? Saving say, 0.5 seconds per email?

pcbutts1

That's what the address book is for. The file you want to look for is called
Outlook.NK2 and you can edit it with notepad.

"XTREV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2vE9i.6775$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Let's say someone from top management asks for it. They are used to the
> autocomplete suggestions. Then, all of the sudden, his comptuer goes out.
> You get him a new computer and he no longer has the autocomplete
> suggestions.
>
> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>> "XTREV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:T4E9i.6774$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> > Ok, it makes sense, but where is this autocomplete file located? Is

> there
>> > possibility to import all the email addresses from the contacts folder?
>> >

>> Why would you want to do that? Saving say, 0.5 seconds per email?

Desk Rabbit

XTREV wrote:
> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>> "XTREV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:T4E9i.6774$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>> Ok, it makes sense, but where is this autocomplete file located? Is

> there
>>> possibility to import all the email addresses from the contacts folder?
>>>

>> Why would you want to do that? Saving say, 0.5 seconds per email?
>>

> Let's say someone from top management asks for it. They are used to the
> autocomplete suggestions. Then, all of the sudden, his comptuer goes

out.
> You get him a new computer and he no longer has the autocomplete
> suggestions.

<Stupid top posting corrected for readability>

Educate the user. I took over a customer and the MD never used his
contact list at all. Always relied on the auto complete and went mental
when he lost his "Contact list" when he was moved into a new domain. We
recovered the list and showed him how to use contacts. Obviously the
previous IT company hadn't demonstrated or taught correct use of the
products they supplied and supported.

XTREV

I found the file Outlook.NK2, but I am not able to read/edit with notepad.
I did also found several utilities online that edit the file, but I am not
sure which to use to import from outlook contacts. Has anyone ever used any
of these utilities? www.ingressor.com

news:f47f0c$shf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> That's what the address book is for. The file you want to look for is

called
> Outlook.NK2 and you can edit it with notepad.
>
> --
>
> Newsgroup Trolls. Read about mine here http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads
> The list grows. Leythos the stalker http://www.leythosthestalker.com,

David