Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Reducing multilink "packets late drop" count...

Reducing multilink "packets late drop" count...

Brian McCrary

I'm trying to run VoIP on a PPP multilink interface, but even with QoS
policies in place, I am dropping a lot of packets. Showing the
interface counters shows a high number of "packets late drop" which I'm
not sure if there is a way to correct. I've searched through the
documentation but can't find anything that really describes what happens
here, maybe the packets took too long to be fragmented to be sent out?
Here's what the counters look like after a few minutes:

69247 packets input, 5745307 bytes, 0 no buffer
0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
75863 packets output, 33284339 bytes, 0 underruns
54 packets late drop, 69788 bytes late drop
0 carrier transitions

Anyone else run into this problem with multilink ppp, and is it
preventable?

Thanks,

Brian

multilink ppp only works with ppp multilink fragment disable (2 T-1s) Karnov Cisco 1 05-24-2004 02:37 AM
Re: ppp multilink on 2500/3600 Klaus Kruse Cisco 1 10-27-2003 08:00 PM
ISDN Multilink Issue sumitsood Cisco 0 07-25-2003 04:13 AM
ppp multilink lost many fragments Gerd Thümmler Cisco 0 07-11-2003 08:05 AM
multilink virtual-access bundle interface issues Dan Lanciani Cisco 3 07-10-2003 08:30 PM

Advertisments