Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Authenticating windows user

Authenticating windows user

Mike P

I am currently authenticating my users based upon a check to see if
their details exist in a database table. How do you authenticate users
based upon their Windows login?

Kevin Spencer

Hi Mike,

You can use the Provider Model, specifically the Membership Provider Model,
with the System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvi der class. Here
are a few references:

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP