Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > In what order should I take MCSE tests?

In what order should I take MCSE tests?

=?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

Hi,

I'm a little confused about the order in which it makes sense to take MCSE
tests. If I go by exam numbers from the lowest to highest. For example exam
70-290 is "Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Environment" on the other hand exam 70-293 is "Planning and Maintaining a
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure".

Shouldn't planning come first? So does it mean I should take 70-293 first or
do I go by exam numbers?
--
Thanks,

Sam

Wayne McGlinn

Follow the numerical order, the exams start with the basics of managing 2003
Active Directory (ie: for administrators) then goes into the designing and
implementing the infrastructure, both network and active directory (ie: for
engineers).

Wayne McGlinn
Brisbane, Oz

"Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm a little confused about the order in which it makes sense to take MCSE
> tests. If I go by exam numbers from the lowest to highest. For example

exam
> 70-290 is "Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> Environment" on the other hand exam 70-293 is "Planning and Maintaining a
> Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure".
>
> Shouldn't planning come first? So does it mean I should take 70-293 first

or
> do I go by exam numbers?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Sam

=?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

That makes sense. Thanks Wayne. Or I should say, thanks mate. I really want
to come and visit your beautiful country some day. Thanks, Sam

"Wayne McGlinn" wrote:

> Follow the numerical order, the exams start with the basics of managing 2003
> Active Directory (ie: for administrators) then goes into the designing and
> implementing the infrastructure, both network and active directory (ie: for
> engineers).
>
> Wayne McGlinn
> Brisbane, Oz
>
> "Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm a little confused about the order in which it makes sense to take MCSE
> > tests. If I go by exam numbers from the lowest to highest. For example

> exam
> > 70-290 is "Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> > Environment" on the other hand exam 70-293 is "Planning and Maintaining a
> > Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure".
> >
> > Shouldn't planning come first? So does it mean I should take 70-293 first

> or
> > do I go by exam numbers?
> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sam

catwalker63

=?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?= <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaslessly in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
>
> I'm a little confused about the order in which it makes sense to take
> MCSE tests. If I go by exam numbers from the lowest to highest. For
> example exam 70-290 is "Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows
> Server 2003 Environment" on the other hand exam 70-293 is "Planning
> and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
> Infrastructure".
>
> Shouldn't planning come first? So does it mean I should take 70-293
> first or do I go by exam numbers?

You do not have to take them in any particular order. Most people
suggest you take exams that represent areas you already know first, then
go for the ones that are less familiar. I would not, however, recommend
you take the network infrastructure exam before you take the server exam.

--
Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet

"I'm not bossy! I just know what you should be doing!"

Neil

did you hear catwalker63 <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:Xns95AFC00368C49catwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136:

> You do not have to take them in any particular order. Most people
> suggest you take exams that represent areas you already know first,
> then go for the ones that are less familiar. I would not, however,
> recommend you take the network infrastructure exam before you take the
> server exam.

I typically recommend that you take the exam you are ready for. If you
are comfortable with the materials for a specific exam, that's what you
should take. Some people may be more comfortable with AD vs Networking
and some will be the other way around.

--
Neil MCNGP #30
-- a qoute by Doug Adams (Author of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Ken Briscoe

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a little confused about the order in which it makes sense to take
> MCSE tests. If I go by exam numbers from the lowest to highest. For
> example exam 70-290 is "Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows
> Server 2003 Environment" on the other hand exam 70-293 is "Planning
> and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
> Infrastructure".
>
> Shouldn't planning come first? So does it mean I should take 70-293
> first or do I go by exam numbers?

In what order? Probably up, then down. Then across. But, as always, the
final decision rests with you.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

>In what order? Probably up, then down. Then across. But, as always, the
>final decision rests with you.

dark, locked room?

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Ken Briscoe

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> rambled:

>> In what order? Probably up, then down. Then across. But, as always,
>> the final decision rests with you.

> dark, locked room?

Bathtub is best.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

>>> In what order? Probably up, then down. Then across. But, as always,
>>> the final decision rests with you.

>> dark, locked room?
>>

>Bathtub is best.

with a toaster?

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Ken Briscoe

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> rambled:

>>> dark, locked room?
>>>

>> Bathtub is best.

> with a toaster?

Yes. Up, down, across, toaster.