Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > win XP x64 Boot Failure and unable to enter Recovery Console

win XP x64 Boot Failure and unable to enter Recovery Console

mauritspijl@gmail.com

Today my computer booted up and was having trouble initialising NOD32
Totally inresponsive... So I resetted the computer but when he
restarted he gave me this error:
Windows Could Not Start Because the Following File Is
Missing or Corrupt
\Windows\System32\Config\System

You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows
Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM

This is also the case when I try to run Windows in safe mode.

Now I've did some searching and saw the solution was in the Windows
Recovery Console so I put in the CD and entered the RC.
But after I put in my selection of witch windows folder I want to
"use" I got the following Blue Screen of Death saying:
ISTRY_ERROR

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x00000051 (0x0000000000000001, 0xFFFFFA80003EC010,
0x00000000005F5000, 0x00000000000001D6)

The same BSD appears when I try to install windows again. When the
installation looks if another version of windows has been installed.

My setup:
Windows XP x64 bit Edition (student license)
Intel RAID 0 Configuration of 2 250GB
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard

Because of the RAID setup I can't install windows on a different
drive. Nor can I access anything on the drive because I can't get
access to the console.
I have a different windows x64 install dvd but my RAID drivers aren't
slipstreamed into that one so it doesn't even recognize my RAID array.

Now my question is:
Does anybody know a way to access the recovery console (by correcting/
circumventing the BSD?)
I've got some data on my drives witch I wrather not destroy, right now
I can't even destroy it unless I destroy the RAID array...

Any help is very much welcome, tried everything to get into the
Recovery Console...

Thanks In Advance!

Charlie Russel - MVP

It is highly recommended that you not use RAID 0 on a system drive. And
you're now experiencing one of the most important reasons why.

You can use any Windows XP x64 CD to do the install - but you'll need to
have your RAID drivers on a floppy drive and install them using F6 during
the very beginning of the boot process to the CD.

I strongly suspect that your best bet at this point is to do a "Repair
Install" using F6 and a known good CD. NOT the one that has slipstreamed
drivers.

The 0x51 stop error appears to refer to a registry corruption, by the way.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Today my computer booted up and was having trouble initialising NOD32
> Totally inresponsive... So I resetted the computer but when he
> restarted he gave me this error:
> Windows Could Not Start Because the Following File Is
> Missing or Corrupt
> \Windows\System32\Config\System
>
> You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows
> Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM
>
> This is also the case when I try to run Windows in safe mode.
>
> Now I've did some searching and saw the solution was in the Windows
> Recovery Console so I put in the CD and entered the RC.
> But after I put in my selection of witch windows folder I want to
> "use" I got the following Blue Screen of Death saying:
> ISTRY_ERROR
>
> Technical information:
> *** STOP: 0x00000051 (0x0000000000000001, 0xFFFFFA80003EC010,
> 0x00000000005F5000, 0x00000000000001D6)
>

> The same BSD appears when I try to install windows again. When the
> installation looks if another version of windows has been installed.
>
> My setup:
> Windows XP x64 bit Edition (student license)
> Intel RAID 0 Configuration of 2 250GB
> Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
> Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard
>
> Because of the RAID setup I can't install windows on a different
> drive. Nor can I access anything on the drive because I can't get
> access to the console.
> I have a different windows x64 install dvd but my RAID drivers aren't
> slipstreamed into that one so it doesn't even recognize my RAID array.
>
> Now my question is:
> Does anybody know a way to access the recovery console (by correcting/
> circumventing the BSD?)
> I've got some data on my drives witch I wrather not destroy, right now
> I can't even destroy it unless I destroy the RAID array...
>
> Any help is very much welcome, tried everything to get into the
> Recovery Console...
>
> Thanks In Advance!

Mauser

On Jun 7, 7:12 am, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> It is highly recommended that you not use RAID 0 on a system drive. And
> you're now experiencing one of the most important reasons why.
>
> You can use any Windows XP x64 CD to do the install - but you'll need to
> have your RAID drivers on a floppy drive and install them using F6 during
> the very beginning of the boot process to the CD.
>
> I strongly suspect that your best bet at this point is to do a "Repair
> Install" using F6 and a known good CD. NOT the one that has slipstreamed
> drivers.
>
> The 0x51 stop error appears to refer to a registry corruption, by the way.
>
> --
> Charlie.http://msmvps.com/xperts64http://mvp...charlie.russel
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>
> > Today my computer booted up and was having trouble initialising NOD32
> > Totally inresponsive... So I resetted the computer but when he
> > restarted he gave me this error:
> > Windows Could Not Start Because the Following File Is
> > Missing or Corrupt
> > \Windows\System32\Config\System

> > You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows
> > Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM

> > This is also the case when I try to run Windows in safe mode.

> > Now I've did some searching and saw the solution was in the Windows
> > Recovery Console so I put in the CD and entered the RC.
> > But after I put in my selection of witch windows folder I want to
> > "use" I got the following Blue Screen of Death saying:
> > ISTRY_ERROR

> > Technical information:
> > *** STOP: 0x00000051 (0x0000000000000001, 0xFFFFFA80003EC010,
> > 0x00000000005F5000, 0x00000000000001D6)

> > The same BSD appears when I try to install windows again. When the
> > installation looks if another version of windows has been installed.

> > My setup:
> > Windows XP x64 bit Edition (student license)
> > Intel RAID 0 Configuration of 2 250GB
> > Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
> > Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard

> > Because of the RAID setup I can't install windows on a different
> > drive. Nor can I access anything on the drive because I can't get
> > access to the console.
> > I have a different windows x64 install dvd but my RAID drivers aren't
> > slipstreamed into that one so it doesn't even recognize my RAID array.

> > Now my question is:
> > Does anybody know a way to access the recovery console (by correcting/
> > circumventing the BSD?)
> > I've got some data on my drives witch I wrather not destroy, right now
> > I can't even destroy it unless I destroy the RAID array...

> > Any help is very much welcome, tried everything to get into the
> > Recovery Console...

> > Thanks In Advance!

Thanx for the help.

When I opened my case I saw the most likely reason for corruption: my
harddisks broke trough there suspension and were laying on an angle on
each other.
I have an Antec P150 case which uses rubber elastic bands to suspend
the harddrives but they al broke...

As I searched it was a common problem for the old suspension bands and
have now the ideal sullotion: clothing elastic.

But back to the corruption problem:
I put in an old IDE harddrive and installed windows xp on that drive
after which I installed the intel raid controller software. That way I
could access the RAID configuration and repair the corrupted section.

Retrieved al my data and ordered another harddrive with which I'm
going to make a RAID 5 array, so that should take a way your concerns
(and mine

But about the option of using any install cd I want to say the
following:
The F6 method never worked here so that's why I needed a slipstreamed
RAID driver in the first place. Also if I wanted a place to install
windows it could not be the RAID 0 array because after each check of
previously installed windows versions it gave me the REGISTERY_ERROR
(missed a few letters in the first post). And the check comes before
you get any chance to get into the "repair install" function so that
didn't work either.

Luckely my problem is fixed for the latter part. Got my data but
program information settings were lost so I have to re-install a lot
of programs. But because I'm upgrading my array to RAID 5 and my
operating system to Vista Business I don't think I'm even going to
try

Thanx again for the quick reply.

------
Maurits