Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > configuring cisco 2620 for pppoe to DSL router

configuring cisco 2620 for pppoe to DSL router

Kralizec Craig

Hi,

I have a 2620 that currently routes my local network and connects to the
outside world via ISDN. I'm replacing that with ADSL via an external router
(D-Link DSL-502T) and the way that I've been recommended to set it up is to
have the Cisco do PPPoE over one of the secondary ether ports on the NM-4E
card in the router with the DSL router itself in bridge mode.

Does anyone know of some documentation on how to configure the Cisco for
that setup?

Thanks if you can provide some pointers....

Craig.

--
SUN RIPENED KERNELS - Surplus Sun Microsystems Equipment, Parts + Accessories
Location: Sydney, Australia - Web: http://www.sunrk.com.au - Get back on track

Gabriele Beltrame

"Kralizec Craig" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:f4543a$fgd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a 2620 that currently routes my local network and connects to the
> outside world via ISDN. I'm replacing that with ADSL via an external
> router
> (D-Link DSL-502T) and the way that I've been recommended to set it up is
> have the Cisco do PPPoE over one of the secondary ether ports on the NM-4E
> card in the router with the DSL router itself in bridge mode.
>
> Does anyone know of some documentation on how to configure the Cisco for
> that setup?
>
> Thanks if you can provide some pointers....
>
> Craig.

Hi,

Something like this:

interface <ethernetX>
no ip address
pppoe enable
pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1

interface <DialerX>
ip address negotiated
ip mtu 1492
encapsulation ppp
dialer pool 1
dialer idle-timeout 0
dialer persistent
ppp <...>

Regards,
Gabriele

Kralizec Craig

"Gabriele Beltrame" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>"Kralizec Craig" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
>news:f4543a$fgd$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a 2620 that currently routes my local network and connects to the
>> outside world via ISDN. I'm replacing that with ADSL via an external
>> router
>> (D-Link DSL-502T) and the way that I've been recommended to set it up is
>> have the Cisco do PPPoE over one of the secondary ether ports on the NM-4E
>> card in the router with the DSL router itself in bridge mode.
>>
>> Does anyone know of some documentation on how to configure the Cisco for
>> that setup?
>>
>> Thanks if you can provide some pointers....
>>
>> Craig.
>>

>Hi,

>Something like this:

<snipped>

Thanks that's a good starting point. Much appreciated.

Craig.