Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Q for you Mac people

Q for you Mac people

=?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=

Assuming you didn't have MS Office for Mac, if I sent you a 2003 Word doc,
would you be able to open & view it?
--
Slack

pcbutts1

No.

"?Slack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Assuming you didn't have MS Office for Mac, if I sent you a 2003 Word doc,
> would you be able to open & view it?
> --
> Slack

=?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 17:12:57 -0700, pcbutts1
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> No.

Thank you very much
--
Slack

lulu

On Jun 5, 4:47 pm, Slack <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Assuming you didn't have MS Office for Mac, if I sent you a 2003 Word doc,
> would you be able to open & view it?
> --
> Slack

It might come up jumbled

Delirious

"Slack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Assuming you didn't have MS Office for Mac, if I sent you a 2003 Word doc,
> would you be able to open & view it?
> --
> Slack

MS do a free download of a *viewer* for Mac's

This DL allows anyone - PC or Mac, without Word or office to
open, read and print word documents

Blinky the Shark

?Slack wrote:

> Assuming you didn't have MS Office for Mac, if I sent you a 2003 Word
> doc, would you be able to open & view it?

They could if they were running the Open Office suite that many people
who aren't stuck to the MS tit use.

"Platforms currently supported include Microsoft Windows (98 - Vista),
GNU/Linux ("Linux"), Sun Solaris, Mac OS X (under X11), and FreeBSD."

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

pcbutts1

That is for a Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP
pc not a Mac. With it you can open word files made on a Mac but it does not
install on a Mac.

news:f45020$9rc$(E-Mail Removed)...

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>?Slack wrote:
>
>> Assuming you didn't have MS Office for Mac, if I sent you a 2003 Word
>> doc, would you be able to open & view it?

>They could if they were running the Open Office suite that many people
>who aren't stuck to the MS tit use.

>"Platforms currently supported include Microsoft Windows (98 - Vista),
>GNU/Linux ("Linux"), Sun Solaris, Mac OS X (under X11), and FreeBSD."

Also now Mac OS X without X11
http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/07/06/05/1152256.shtml

--

99 Luftballoons
http://youtube.com/watch?v=14IRDDnEPR4

Whiskers

On 2007-06-05, ?Slack <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Assuming you didn't have MS Office for Mac, if I sent you a 2003 Word doc,
> would you be able to open & view it?

Why are you sending a proprietary word-processor file to someone? If
they only need to be able to read the words or see the pictures, send it
as a plain text file or an image file or as portable document format (PDF)
or as HTML formatted for a 'web browser'. Or do what MS Word is designed
for: print the document out on paper and send that paper to your
correspondant.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Assuming you didn't have MS Office for Mac, if I sent you a 2003 Word doc,
> would you be able to open & view it?

When you want to share files with people on other platforms you need to
use a common format that they can read - since you didn't mention
EDITING or CHANGING it, send the document as a PDF.

PrimoPDF 3 is free for home users, it will create PDF's from anything
you can print.

If you want them to edit it you must use a common format like RTF when
working with non-Windows platform people.

*** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
website ***
http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm Exposed to Kids ,