Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Migration from exch 2000 to exch 2000 HELP

Migration from exch 2000 to exch 2000 HELP

=?Utf-8?B?bWl0ZXNo?=

Hello,

Are old exchange 2000 server has come to deaths door and we have brought a
new brand spanking HP server, with raid arrays etc. The server has been setup
with W2K and with all the bells and whistles.

My questions is how do I migrate all the current mailboxes and logs from the
old server to the new server? Ive seen loads of how to guides going from exch
2000 to exch 2003 but none for exch 2000 to exch 2000.

p.s I have setup the Exch 2000 settings and its accepting emails but its the
migratating bit I am stuck on.

Can anyone help. Please

Mitesh

T-Bone

"mitesh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> My questions is how do I migrate all the current mailboxes and logs from

the
> old server to the new server? Ive seen loads of how to guides going from

exch
> 2000 to exch 2003 but none for exch 2000 to exch 2000.

Does Exchange not have a migration wizard for this?

If that is not applicable, then beyond checking the Microsoft KB, I would
suggest you try the Exchange2000 groups. Better yet, google first to see if
the question has already been asked.

T-Bone
MCNGP XL

Neil

did you hear "T-Bone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "mitesh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> My questions is how do I migrate all the current mailboxes and logs

from
> the
>> old server to the new server? Ive seen loads of how to guides going

from
> exch
>> 2000 to exch 2003 but none for exch 2000 to exch 2000.

> Does Exchange not have a migration wizard for this?

oddly enough it's called the move mailbox wizard(exMerge). none the less
since we are trying to ditch the box completely (I assume):
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307917
after...

Neil MCNGP #30

Doug Adams

=?Utf-8?B?bWl0ZXNo?=

Thank you Doug this has given me a good head start and some brilliant points
I can begin on over the coming weeks. Thank you

"mitesh" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Are old exchange 2000 server has come to deaths door and we have brought a
> new brand spanking HP server, with raid arrays etc. The server has been setup
> with W2K and with all the bells and whistles.
>
> My questions is how do I migrate all the current mailboxes and logs from the
> old server to the new server? Ive seen loads of how to guides going from exch
> 2000 to exch 2003 but none for exch 2000 to exch 2000.
>
> p.s I have setup the Exch 2000 settings and its accepting emails but its the
> migratating bit I am stuck on.
>
> Can anyone help. Please
>
> Mitesh

Neil

did you hear =?Utf-8?B?bWl0ZXNo?= <(E-Mail Removed)> say
in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Thank you Doug this has given me a good head start and some brilliant
> points I can begin on over the coming weeks. Thank you

who's Doug?

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Doug Adams

catwalker63

Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> prattled ceaslessly in
news:Xns95ACAB4D811ADneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6:

> did you hear =?Utf-8?B?bWl0ZXNo?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
> say in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Thank you Doug this has given me a good head start and some brilliant
>> points I can begin on over the coming weeks. Thank you

> who's Doug?

Check your sig -- it might confuse people. <lol>

--
Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet

"I'm not bossy! I just know what you should be doing!"

Neil

did you hear catwalker63 <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:Xns95AD106314CFFcatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136:

> Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> prattled ceaslessly in
> news:Xns95ACAB4D811ADneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6:
>
>> did you hear =?Utf-8?B?bWl0ZXNo?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> say in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> Thank you Doug this has given me a good head start and some brilliant
>>> points I can begin on over the coming weeks. Thank you

>> who's Doug?
>>

> Check your sig -- it might confuse people. <lol>

hehehehe....I'm a famous author...

--
Neil MCNGP #30
-- a qoute by Doug Adams (Author of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

molsonexpert

news:Xns95AD5EEED495Cneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
> did you hear catwalker63 <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
> news:Xns95AD106314CFFcatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136:
>
> > Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> prattled ceaslessly in
> > news:Xns95ACAB4D811ADneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6:
> >
> >> did you hear =?Utf-8?B?bWl0ZXNo?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >> say in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> >> who's Doug?
> >>

> > Check your sig -- it might confuse people. <lol>
> >

> hehehehe....I'm a famous author...
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP #30
> "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to
> learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for
> their apparent disinclination to do so."
> -- a qoute by Doug Adams (Author of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

or schizophrenic.

steve.

Neil

did you hear "molsonexpert" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> or schizophrenic.

AM NOT!
AM TOO!