Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > SIP vs p2pSIP

SIP vs p2pSIP

QoS@domain.invalid

well with server virtualization and nice blade servers i dont
really see why we need p2pSIP but it is on the way anyhow.

what im wondering really is if it not a good idea to write SIP
applications at this time, should I wait untill p2pSIP is finalized?

Balwinder S Dheeman

On 06/06/2007 03:36 AM, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:
> well with server virtualization and nice blade servers i dont
> really see why we need p2pSIP but it is on the way anyhow.
>
> what im wondering really is if it not a good idea to write SIP
> applications at this time, should I wait untill p2pSIP is finalized?

Instead of pondering over the future and, or p2pSIP, I for one shall act
per immediate needs of the day itself. If I'm not wrong the p2pSIP is
nothing but same SIP with P2P extensions; and is still in its infancy
and, or experimental stage.

Anu'z Linux@HOME Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192
Chandigarh, UT, 160062, India Gentoo, Fedora, Debian/FreeBSD/XP