Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > gateway problem

gateway problem

geo

How can I determine when a client computer is configured
with incorrect gateway? I am studying for the 70-291 exam.

Example.
Client b
ip addr = 192.168.1.225/28
default gtway = 192.168.1.126
192.168.1.126 = router interface

(note: c d are in router interface 192.168.1.29/2
Client c.
ip addr = 192.168.1.130
defualt gtway = 192.168.1.126

client d
ip addr = 192.168.1.132/28
default gateway 192.168.1.128

catwalker63

"geo" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaslessly in
news:885201c4d2ae$bb6de360$(E-Mail Removed):

> How can I determine when a client computer is configured
> with incorrect gateway? I am studying for the 70-291 exam.
>
> Example.
> Client b
> ip addr = 192.168.1.225/28
> default gtway = 192.168.1.126
> 192.168.1.126 = router interface
>
> (note: c d are in router interface 192.168.1.29/2
> Client c.
> ip addr = 192.168.1.130
> defualt gtway = 192.168.1.126
>
> client d
> ip addr = 192.168.1.132/28
> default gateway 192.168.1.128

Learn how to subnet.

--
Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet

"I'm not bossy! I just know what you should be doing!"

Neil

did you hear catwalker63 <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:Xns95ACBA2AD9Fcatwalker63athotmail@216.196.97 .136:

> Learn how to subnet.

http://www.learntosubnet.com

staggering isn't it.

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Doug Adams

I do understanding subnetting however it would be nice if
i could be given a clue as to what I would consider more
carefully. Sorry for my responds but I just trying to
learn. Thanks.

ability to
>learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable

for
>their apparent disinclination to do so."
>
>Doug Adams
>.

Neil

did you hear <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:8be401c4d347
$d174d490$(E-Mail Removed):

> I do understanding subnetting however it would be nice if
> i could be given a clue as to what I would consider more
> carefully. Sorry for my responds but I just trying to
> learn. Thanks.

if you are ok with subnetting then it should be no problem knowing which
hosts are in your sub-network. realizing this you must then have a router
within your sub-network to connect to hosts outside your sub-network.

example:
if I have an address of 192.168.10.35 and my subnet mask is 255.255.255.248
then you should know from the number of bits in the mask that every group
of 8 is a new sub-network. the range here would go from 32 to 39, but 32 is
the identifier of the network and 39 is the broadcast address, so the
available hosts are from 33 to 38. I would need to have a router which I
can broadcast for the mac address (ARP) within this range or I would not be
able to communicate outside this range. my Router also can not be my
address so I'm not down to 5 possible addresses that it can be. From giving
you an address and a subnet mask you can tell a lot.

While I would _STRONGLY_ recommend sitting down with a piece of paper and
pencil and doing everythign from binary (only way to learn IP IMHO) you
might also want to grab:
http://www.wildpackets.com/products/ipsubnetcalculator
But remember IP calcs will not be on the test - the Cisco, MS or real life
one...

--
Neil MCNGP #30
-- a qoute by Doug Adams (Author of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

JaR

> While I would _STRONGLY_ recommend sitting down with a piece of paper
> and pencil and doing everythign from binary (only way to learn IP
> IMHO) you might also want to grab:
> http://www.wildpackets.com/products/ipsubnetcalculator
> But remember IP calcs will not be on the test - the Cisco, MS or real
> life one...

Or just use the Windoze calculator. Which is available for the test.

Although I can't remember any subnetting questions complicated enough to
need it. YMMV.

JaR
Calculating Thug

Neil

did you hear JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:Xns95AD56BE31FEplentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.24 8.16:

> Although I can't remember any subnetting questions complicated enough

> need it. YMMV.

if you need the calc, you aren't ready for the exam...YMBetterNotV

--
Neil MCNGP #30
-- a qoute by Doug Adams (Author of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

JaR

> did you hear JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
> news:Xns95AD56BE31FEplentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.24 8.16:
>
>> Although I can't remember any subnetting questions complicated enough

>> need it. YMMV.

> if you need the calc, you aren't ready for the exam...YMBetterNotV

Heh. True.

JaR