Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > setting up a raid array with an ite it9211 ata card

setting up a raid array with an ite it9211 ata card

Mother's Little Helper

can anyone give me some hints? i am far from computer illiterate
i have just never set up any raid disks and the company website
is far from helpful

richard

Robb

Mother's Little Helper wrote:

>can anyone give me some hints?

ite it9211 ata

Is that a motherboard ID or an adapter card? What brand and model
number is it, I only got one hit to an MSI server.

--
Robb

Mother's Little Helper

wasn't paying attention when i posted late at night
the card is an it8211

richard

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 09:12:37 -0400, Mother's Little Helper
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>can anyone give me some hints? i am far from computer illiterate
>i have just never set up any raid disks and the company website
>is far from helpful
>
>richard

Mother's Little Helper

as i just discovered and reposted, its an it8211 and it's an
expansion card for pci bus with 2 channels. sorry for the
mistake

richard

also the website is either www.iteusa.com or www.ite.com/tw

wrote:

>Mother's Little Helper wrote:
>
>>can anyone give me some hints?

>ite it9211 ata
>
>Is that a motherboard ID or an adapter card? What brand and model
>number is it, I only got one hit to an MSI server.

Robb

Mother's Little Helper wrote:

>also the website is either www.iteusa.com or www.ite.com/tw

2006/09/21 ITE IDE controller driver included in the installation disk for
Microsofts new generation of OS Vista. If you have Vista you shouldn't
need anything, unless it uses it's own BIOS for RAID.

ITE is a chip supplier for MOBO fabs, you really should get software
and support from whomever built /sold/ you that adapter.

From the ITE site:
For PCI Card
ATAPI BIOS v1.7.1.56
BIOS Update Utility v2.01
Windows Driver
(include AMD and Intel 64-bit)
v1.3.2.8

ATAPI BIOS:
http://www.iteusa.com/product_info/f..._093014-02.zip

Windows Driver:
http://www.iteusa.com/product_info/f..._095002-01.zip

You may need both of those.

--
Robb

Mark

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 09:12:37 -0400, Mother's Little Helper wrote:

> can anyone give me some hints? i am far from computer illiterate
> i have just never set up any raid disks and the company website
> is far from helpful

http://www.iteusa.com/software_downl..._download2.asp

IT8211F IDE Controller

IT8212F ATA133 RAID Controller

You'll need a great deal of luck to use the IT8211F as a RAID controller.

Mother's Little Helper

thank you very much

richard