Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista 64 and Dual tuners

Vista 64 and Dual tuners

=?Utf-8?B?Sk45MTY2OQ==?=

So I build my new pc and decided since 64 bit processing is the nest step I
would try it in Vista, mistake, hopefully not. So my problem is that I can
not get the hauppauge 500 mce tuner card to work with Vista even though it is
Vista compatable both 32 and 64 bit. My specs are EVGA 590SLI MB, EVGA 7950
GTX video card, 4 gigs of Corsair extreme pc6400, and an AMD 5600 Dual core.
I have tried the video card on a pc running XP Media Center works great, I
even installed XP Media Center on the pc as mentioned above and the tuner
card works great. I then wiped clean the hard drive using dban, which took 10
hours and did another clean install of vista and it still does not work. Any
body have any advice or tips before I blow another hundred bucks on Windows
support. One other thing if I reboot a couple of times I can get the tuner to
work for a bit, but soon as it comes out of screen saver it is dead again.