Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > file path too long

file path too long

Mr.Bolshoyhuy

"optical media presents one particular problem, for storage
purposes. That is, if a file's path contains too many characters, it
can't be copied or moved, to disc. "

Roxio says OS might have trouble reading a file if the path is too
long. Thus, a simple solution is to ZIP files.
jpg cant be compressed, so use the store option.

Bucky

On Jun 4, 3:00 pm, "Mr.Bolshoyhuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "optical media presents one particular problem, for storage
> purposes. That is, if a file's path contains too many characters, it
> can't be copied or moved, to disc. "

that's one of the main reasons I gave up on optical discs. I have many
deep paths and very long filenames, sometimes exceeding 128
characters. I use only external HD now.

John Turco

"Mr.Bolshoyhuy" wrote:

> "optical media presents one particular problem, for storage
> purposes. That is, if a file's path contains too many characters, it
> can't be copied or moved, to disc. "
>
> Roxio says OS might have trouble reading a file if the path is too
> long. Thus, a simple solution is to ZIP files.
> jpg cant be compressed, so use the store option.

Hello, Mr.Bolshoyhuy:

Hey, I recall those quoted lines, above. They're mine, originally
posted on March 3, 2007, in the "How do you store/back up your
photos?" thread.

So, how 'bout an attribution, dog? :-J

Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>