Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Biostar NF325-A7 needs exact DDR

Biostar NF325-A7 needs exact DDR

Brian

Maybe you harware experts can help?
I am trying to put together from parts a biostar MB and AMD 3400. I cant
get any beeps or post trying it with the ram I have now which is DDR PC266.
Will that keep the board from posting? Also when I take the ram out then I
get beeps from the speaker. When the ram is seated nothing. Please help
this rookie builder.

Thanks,

Brian

PS I tried the homebuilt group but not much response

meerkat

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Maybe you harware experts can help?
> I am trying to put together from parts a biostar MB and AMD 3400. I cant
> get any beeps or post trying it with the ram I have now which is DDR
> PC266.
> Will that keep the board from posting? Also when I take the ram out then
> get beeps from the speaker. When the ram is seated nothing. Please help
> this rookie builder.

Go to www.crucial.com.
Enter the make/model of your motherboard, and see
what RAM it`s supposed to have.
Make sure your RAM matches that.

BMcA

Your board supports your memory.

Main Memory Supports up to 2 DDR devices. Supports 200/266/333/400 MHz DDR
devices.

DIMM1
128MB/256MB/512MB/1GB *1

DIMM2
128MB/256MB/512MB/1GB *1
Max is 2 GB.

Either the memory is faulty or you are not seating it properly. Press it
firmly into the slot and make sure the clip at each end comes up to hold it
in place.

Brian

Could it be that the it is the mobile CPU AMD 3400 that does not wok with
this MB? The guy I bought it from on Ebay assured me it would!

Thanks,
Brian

"meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:k%Z8i.6074$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Maybe you harware experts can help?
>> I am trying to put together from parts a biostar MB and AMD 3400. I cant
>> get any beeps or post trying it with the ram I have now which is DDR
>> PC266.
>> Will that keep the board from posting? Also when I take the ram out then
>> get beeps from the speaker. When the ram is seated nothing. Please help
>> this rookie builder.
>>

> Go to www.crucial.com.
> Enter the make/model of your motherboard, and see
> what RAM it`s supposed to have.
> Make sure your RAM matches that.

meerkat

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Could it be that the it is the mobile CPU AMD 3400 that does not wok with
> this MB? The guy I bought it from on Ebay assured me it would!
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

one review I`ve just read says...
CPU AMD 3400.
RAM = DDR 400 Single Channel.

Mobile CPUs are normally only more efficient on power.

As I said before check with www.crucial.com
and see what RAM is recommended.

Brian

Thanks for the reply. I guess what I am trying to be sure of before I go
purchase some more DDR that the ram is the problem.

Thanks

Brian
"meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yue9i.16668$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Could it be that the it is the mobile CPU AMD 3400 that does not wok with
>> this MB? The guy I bought it from on Ebay assured me it would!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian
>>

> one review I`ve just read says...
> CPU AMD 3400.
> RAM = DDR 400 Single Channel.
>
> Mobile CPUs are normally only more efficient on power.
>
> As I said before check with www.crucial.com
> and see what RAM is recommended.

Plato

Brian wrote:

> I am trying to put together from parts a biostar MB and AMD 3400. I cant
> get any beeps or post trying it with the ram I have now which is DDR PC266.
> Will that keep the board from posting? Also when I take the ram out then I
> get beeps from the speaker. When the ram is seated nothing. Please help
> this rookie builder.

Well, if you are getting beeps than at least the CPU and speaker and
mobo are working. Chances are you have the wrong ram installed.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Plato

meerkat wrote:

> Go to www.crucial.com.
> Enter the make/model of your motherboard, and see
> what RAM it`s supposed to have.
> Make sure your RAM matches that.

Another link:
http://www.bootdisk.com/ram.htm