Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Network question

Network question

gallent gallent is offline
Junior Member

I want to (bridge) two network cards together using hard wire. now i have a cable connection-4 port router with 2 other computers online. have one left over port. if i plug onboard nic to router and have ip addy *.*.*001 and connect the other computers they are ***002 and 003 respectively then shouldnt the 3-com nic card be ***004?. i want to try to use both cards together on the same computer at the same time for the same connection. ie speed up internet connection. i have 6gig speed from cable company but only able to use about 3-4. i also have a wireless card i can use and bypass the router and go directly to the modem. but cant get it to connect at this time. (has been removed but can reinstall if can figure out the configuration). so then i could use the hardwired through router and wireless through modem. so i should have two different ip addys one for each card.???

thanks

gallent gallent is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallent
[...]

this is an update for all who didnt help me.. i have connected two lan cards (one onboard and another add on) to the same computer. each has its own hardwire connection to the router. then i went into NETWORK CONNECTIONS, and did a bridge with the two cards and the 1394 connection.
now instead of 100mbps i get 400 mbps and my ping is lower by 80 points and my speed, using Beltronica speedometer online i have increased my speed from 4.5 gig to 6.2gig.
just thought you would know.