Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Changing a variable when simulating??

Changing a variable when simulating??

StanMan StanMan is offline
Junior Member

How would one go about setting a variable when you are simulating. I want to have some variables set differently when I am simulating vs when I am using real hardware. The reason for this is that I am using a 16K serial EEPROM model that I got off the web, but my design really uses a 32K. I need to change my addressing scheme when I am simulating.

Thanks in advance,
Stan

quantum_dot quantum_dot is offline
Member

You can make use of generic statement and then you can change it during your simulation.