Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-270 permissions question

Reply
Thread Tools

70-270 permissions question

 
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-18-2004
Does anyone know which version of XP the questions on permissions are based
?
Since SP1 the default file system permissions changed from everyone full
control to more restrictive permissions. Are the exam questions based on
current permissions or XP as it was initially released ?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jerz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-18-2004
hmmm... didn't know the default permissions changed from sp1 to sp2; I
thought they only changed from win2k to XP.


"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know which version of XP the questions on permissions are
> based ?
> Since SP1 the default file system permissions changed from everyone full
> control to more restrictive permissions. Are the exam questions based on
> current permissions or XP as it was initially released ?
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-19-2004
I believe you are right I hope old Dave plans on doing
better answering the questions than he does asking. Since
if he had read anything on WinXP he would know it changed
in 2001 with the release of XP

>-----Original Message-----
>hmmm... didn't know the default permissions changed from

sp1 to sp2; I
>thought they only changed from win2k to XP.
>
>
>"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Does anyone know which version of XP the questions on

permissions are
>> based ?
>> Since SP1 the default file system permissions changed

from everyone full
>> control to more restrictive permissions. Are the exam

questions based on
>> current permissions or XP as it was initially

released ?
>>

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Rowdy Yates
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-19-2004
"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Does anyone know which version of XP the questions on permissions are
> based ?


based on verision WinXP-THX-Special Edition

thats the one with the different permissions.


--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/
"Shhhh... Do you smell that? I think is't Albanian Goat Smegma!"
http://www.geocities.com/rowdy_yates_mcngp/
http://www.geocities.com/rowdy_yates_mcngp/google.gif
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-19-2004
Actually old Dave knows a lot about XP. I posted this after reading sybex's
70-270 book which I was convinced was wrong. Checking an XP machine also
confirmed this. I just wanted to check with other that I wasn't
misunderstanding something.


<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:800b01c4cdcd$d1ed34f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I believe you are right I hope old Dave plans on doing
> better answering the questions than he does asking. Since
> if he had read anything on WinXP he would know it changed
> in 2001 with the release of XP
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>hmmm... didn't know the default permissions changed from

> sp1 to sp2; I
>>thought they only changed from win2k to XP.
>>
>>
>>"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Does anyone know which version of XP the questions on

> permissions are
>>> based ?
>>> Since SP1 the default file system permissions changed

> from everyone full
>>> control to more restrictive permissions. Are the exam

> questions based on
>>> current permissions or XP as it was initially

> released ?
>>>

>>
>>
>>.
>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-19-2004
aren't you a smart**s

"Rowdy Yates" <rowdy_yates_mcngp.remove.yahoo.again.com> wrote in message
news:Xns95A5DCF89B2E0rowdyyates2124@207.46.248.16. ..
> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Does anyone know which version of XP the questions on permissions are
>> based ?

>
> based on verision WinXP-THX-Special Edition
>
> thats the one with the different permissions.
>
>
> --
> Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
> http://www.mcngp.com/
> "Shhhh... Do you smell that? I think is't Albanian Goat Smegma!"
> http://www.geocities.com/rowdy_yates_mcngp/
> http://www.geocities.com/rowdy_yates_mcngp/google.gif



 
Reply With Quote
 
Rowdy Yates
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2004
"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> aren't you a smart**s


i also know of some prime beachfront property in idaho - if you're
interested,

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/
"Shhhh... Do you smell that? I think is't Albanian Goat Smegma!"
http://www.geocities.com/rowdy_yates_mcngp/
http://www.geocities.com/rowdy_yates_mcngp/google.gif
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In-depth documenation on User Permissions, Group Permissions, ACLs, DCLs etc. Curt K ASP .Net 0 11-03-2006 04:54 PM
AD Permissions Question scav_engr@yahoo.com MCSE 6 08-10-2005 02:38 PM
NTFS Permissions Question blastingfonda@gmail.com MCSE 15 02-04-2005 02:36 PM
ASPX file returning obscur runtime error - after changing permissions to a subweb (.net app) to different permissions than on its parent ? Isabelle ASP .Net 0 08-11-2004 02:04 PM
Re: Permissions - giving "everyone" full permissions is bad ? Scott Allen ASP .Net 0 07-13-2004 08:54 PM



Advertisments