Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Can I finish MCSE NT 4 with curr electives and then use for MCSE 2

Can I finish MCSE NT 4 with curr electives and then use for MCSE 2

=?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZEs=?=

Hiya

I have done the 4 core NT 4.0 exams and was wanting to sit 2 current
electives (e.g. 70-222 and 70-244) to get the MCSE NT 4.0 cert.
It says this is possible on
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/hi...nnouncefaq.asp
"Q. I passed the MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 core exams before February 28,
2001. However, I haven’t passed my elective exams yet. May I still earn the
MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 certification?

A. If you passed all MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 required exams while they were
still available, you may still continue to earn your MCSE on Windows NT 4.0
using exams that are currently being offered."

I rang the MS Aust office here and they didnt know about it until I told
them the above. Is this still applicable?

I would use the NT4.0 MCSE as the elective req for MCSE 2003. I would prefer
the 2 elective exams above as I have had on-the-job experience with these and
would be easier to study for. Also if I did this I suppose I would be
eventually dual certified in MCSE NT 4 and 2003 too.

Thanx in advance

Cheers

Richard
Melbourne, Australia

Dragon

Send an email to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

"RichardK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hiya
>
> I have done the 4 core NT 4.0 exams and was wanting to sit 2 current
> electives (e.g. 70-222 and 70-244) to get the MCSE NT 4.0 cert.
> It says this is possible on
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/hi...nnouncefaq.asp
> "Q. I passed the MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 core exams before February 28,
> 2001. However, I haven't passed my elective exams yet. May I still earn
> the
> MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 certification?
>
> A. If you passed all MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 required exams while they
> were
> still available, you may still continue to earn your MCSE on Windows NT
> 4.0
> using exams that are currently being offered."
>
> I rang the MS Aust office here and they didnt know about it until I told
> them the above. Is this still applicable?
>

> I would use the NT4.0 MCSE as the elective req for MCSE 2003. I would
> prefer
> the 2 elective exams above as I have had on-the-job experience with these
> and
> would be easier to study for. Also if I did this I suppose I would be
> eventually dual certified in MCSE NT 4 and 2003 too.
>
> Thanx in advance
>
> Cheers
>
> Richard
> Melbourne, Australia

=?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZEs=?=

Hi

Yeah, I tried that too along with ringing them - but no definitive
conclusive response...

I have emailed them again..

Cheers

Richard

"Dragon" wrote:

> Send an email to (E-Mail Removed)
>
> "RichardK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hiya
> >
> > I have done the 4 core NT 4.0 exams and was wanting to sit 2 current
> > electives (e.g. 70-222 and 70-244) to get the MCSE NT 4.0 cert.
> > It says this is possible on
> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/hi...nnouncefaq.asp
> > "Q. I passed the MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 core exams before February 28,
> > 2001. However, I haven't passed my elective exams yet. May I still earn
> > the
> > MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 certification?
> >
> > A. If you passed all MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 required exams while they
> > were
> > still available, you may still continue to earn your MCSE on Windows NT
> > 4.0
> > using exams that are currently being offered."
> >
> > I rang the MS Aust office here and they didnt know about it until I told
> > them the above. Is this still applicable?
> >

> > I would use the NT4.0 MCSE as the elective req for MCSE 2003. I would
> > prefer
> > the 2 elective exams above as I have had on-the-job experience with these
> > and
> > would be easier to study for. Also if I did this I suppose I would be
> > eventually dual certified in MCSE NT 4 and 2003 too.
> >
> > Thanx in advance
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Richard
> > Melbourne, Australia

Rowdy Yates

what about if you send an email to (E-Mail Removed)

that might work better..

yabba dabba doo....

"=?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZEs=?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/

Neil

incase you missed it "=?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZEs=?="
<(E-Mail Removed)> said in news:12EC5BBF-E981-45B7-
(E-Mail Removed):

> Yeah, I tried that too along with ringing them - but no definitive
> conclusive response...

it's unlikely you will get a positive answer but here is my 2˘:

Do the 2 exams that are current for the electives. If your transcript
suddenly shows you as an MCSE on NT 4 - your done. if after 2-3 weeks
it's not on the transcript, you have 5 exams left to get for your MCSE.
MS wnats the nt4 cert to disappear due to the fact teh product is 8 years
old. Time to catch up.

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Doug Adams

=?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZEs=?=

Hi

I have responded again by email for the 3rd time (hopefully 3rd time lucky!)
basically pointed out to them whats on their web pages and trying to get
clarification on this.

Seems like nobody knows whats going on - probably outsourced...

Yeah I want to do the 2003 MCSE and use the MCSE NT 4 as the elective and do
the other 5 to get 2003 cert.

Cheers

Richard