Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > newbie needs counseling

newbie needs counseling

binarydivision

I have about a year and half left of schooling before I finish for my BS
degree, but in the meantime I wanted to study for the MSCE certificate. I
want to become a DBA one day (I might try to get the MSDBA certicate at a
later time), but I wanted to start my career doing programming and debugging
for business environments such as dealing with databases or financial apps.

Does anyone have any recommendations on the exams to take for the MSCE for
what I described?

So does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions on me trying for MSCE
first then moving onto DBA cert after I gain experience?

And how long is Server 2003 going to stick around? Like I said I'll probably
wait a year or so to actually go and take these exams. Anything I should be
aware of when projecting my exam times and such?

BIG TIA
taylor

Dragon

If you like databases more than other IT crap (I mean support), then I would
go directly towards MCDBA. Server 2003 is going to be around a while. It
hasn't even started its prime yet. For each exam give yourself 2 months.
Study hard and practice.

"binarydivision" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have about a year and half left of schooling before I finish for my BS
>degree, but in the meantime I wanted to study for the MSCE certificate. I
>want to become a DBA one day (I might try to get the MSDBA certicate at a
>later time), but I wanted to start my career doing programming and
>debugging for business environments such as dealing with databases or
>financial apps.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations on the exams to take for the MSCE for
> what I described?
>
> So does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions on me trying for
> MSCE first then moving onto DBA cert after I gain experience?
>
> And how long is Server 2003 going to stick around? Like I said I'll
> probably wait a year or so to actually go and take these exams. Anything I
> should be aware of when projecting my exam times and such?
>
> BIG TIA
> taylor

Neil

incase you missed it "binarydivision" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in

> but in the meantime I wanted to study for the MSCE certificate. I
> want to become a DBA one day (I might try to get the MSDBA certicate
> at a later time), but I wanted to start my career doing programming
> and debugging for business environments such as dealing with databases
> or financial apps.

sounds like you want your MCSD not the MCSE
www.microsoft.com/mcsd

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Doug Adams

Rowdy Yates

Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in news:Xns95A78A5A77512neilmcsegmailcom@
207.46.248.16:

> sounds like you want your MCSD not the MCSE
> www.microsoft.com/mcsd

sounds like you want your MTV, and your chicks for free.

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/

Neil

incase you missed it Rowdy Yates
<rowdy_yates_mcngp.remove.yahoo.again.com> said in

> sounds like you want your MTV, and your chicks for free.

beats an MPV:
http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/n...x.cfm/id/37677
(tinify it yourself, I'm too lazy)

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Doug Adams

Neil

incase you missed it Rowdy Yates
<rowdy_yates_mcngp.remove.yahoo.again.com> said in

> Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in

> 207.46.248.16:
>
>> sounds like you want your MCSD not the MCSE
>> www.microsoft.com/mcsd

> sounds like you want your MTV, and your chicks for free.

^

and the "I want thread" is up there

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Doug Adams

Online Counseling / Group Therapy / Creative Support *CYBORGS* virtualadepts@gmail.com C++ 0 08-13-2006 06:56 AM
Thunderbird Newbie Needs Help D a v e Firefox 11 01-25-2005 06:45 PM
Newbie needs basic help - JW69 D Perl 0 05-06-2004 04:40 AM
Newbie needs help on implementing directory walk SD Perl 1 10-10-2003 11:46 AM

Advertisments