Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

OT: AOL Admits 40% of Subscribers Don't Have Computers

Dragon

http://www.watleyreview.com/2004/111604-3.html

"I kind of thought it was like subscribing to the yellow pages," said
Lewen. "We kept getting copies of the phone book, so I thought AOL was doing
that. I also wanted the virus protection, because it was flu season."

billyw

wonder who he voted for

"Well, I got the disk in the mail, and it said if I wanted to subscribed I
should send money to these people," said Carl Lewen, an AOL subscriber in
Kentucky who does not own a computer. "It never said anything about having
to do anything with the disk. I thought it was kind of like a souvenir."

and yes i know it's satire

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eLd$y$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.watleyreview.com/2004/111604-3.html
>
> "I kind of thought it was like subscribing to the yellow pages," said
> Lewen. "We kept getting copies of the phone book, so I thought AOL was
> doing that. I also wanted the virus protection, because it was flu
> season."

T-Bone

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> "I kind of thought it was like subscribing to the yellow pages," said
> Lewen. "We kept getting copies of the phone book, so I thought AOL was

doing
> that. I also wanted the virus protection, because it was flu season."

LOL. Unlike most of their stories, its almost believable.

For the humour impaired, make sure you read the disclaimer page.

T-Bone
MCNGP XL

Jtyc

> wonder who he voted for

It's satire you rube.

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Dragon climbed on a soapbox &
opined:

> http://www.watleyreview.com/2004/111604-3.html
>
> "I kind of thought it was like subscribing to the yellow pages," said
> Lewen. "We kept getting copies of the phone book, so I thought AOL was
> doing that. I also wanted the virus protection, because it was flu
> season."

I thought for sure Snopes would debunk this.

....But it doesn't.

If true, I wonder how many of those people voted?

JaR
Dismayed Thug

Jtyc

> I thought for sure Snopes would debunk this.
>
> ...But it doesn't.
>
> If true, I wonder how many of those people voted?

It's satire.
http://www.watleyreview.com/About.html

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc climbed on a soapbox & opined:

>> I thought for sure Snopes would debunk this.
>>
>> ...But it doesn't.
>>
>> If true, I wonder how many of those people voted?

> It's satire.
> http://www.watleyreview.com/About.html

Sad to think that I have so little faith in the intelligence of others that
such a thing could even be considered to be true. But conversely, when in
the past I have given the benefit of the doubt, I have invariably been
proven wrong.

JaR
Cynical Thug

billyw

who's the rube..
scroll down right to the bottom of my post..

i believe that is 2-0 to me today.. cha-ching

news:Ofv%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> wonder who he voted for

> It's satire you rube.

Dragon

You are on da roll, aren't ya?

"billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> who's the rube..
> scroll down right to the bottom of my post..
>
> i believe that is 2-0 to me today.. cha-ching
>
> "Jtyc" <jtyc_mcngp@spamblockerbitch!@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:Ofv%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> wonder who he voted for

>> It's satire you rube.

Ken Briscoe

In news:eLd$y$(E-Mail Removed),
Dragon <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

> http://www.watleyreview.com/2004/111604-3.html
>
> "I kind of thought it was like subscribing to the yellow pages," said
> Lewen. "We kept getting copies of the phone book, so I thought AOL
> was doing that. I also wanted the virus protection, because it was
> flu season."

HEY! IS THIS THING REAL?!

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26