Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I do this please?

How do I do this please?

Martin @nohere.net

Hi
I want to print a perspective picture 144mm x 93mm in the middle of a
canvas size 152mm x 105mm and have cut lines around the canvas size
This is for a picture frame.
The paper size is A4 and I would like to position the print near the
top of the page to reduce waste
How do I do this please?
Thank you
--
Martin

Whiskers

On 2007-06-03, Martin @nohere.net <Martin> wrote:
> Hi
> I want to print a perspective picture 144mm x 93mm in the middle of a
> canvas size 152mm x 105mm and have cut lines around the canvas size
> This is for a picture frame.
> The paper size is A4 and I would like to position the print near the
> top of the page to reduce waste
> How do I do this please?
> Thank you

Use an image processing program and a printer - assuming you mean that you
want a computer to be involved at all.

Non-Europeans may be confused by millimeters and A4. A4 is a standard
paper size 210x297mm, (8.25x11.75 inches, roughly) so everything Martin
wants to do will fit within that size.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Martin @nohere.net wrote:

>Hi
>I want to print a perspective picture 144mm x 93mm in the middle of a
>canvas size 152mm x 105mm and have cut lines around the canvas size
>This is for a picture frame.
>The paper size is A4 and I would like to position the print near the
>top of the page to reduce waste
>How do I do this please?

Easiest is with Plug-ins, There's Gimp
http://www.gimp.org/
Plugins http://registry.gimp.org/list?category=9
Gimp will also take Photoshop plug-in's

As for the final print you can should be able to adjust your printer
where on the page to print.
--

http://www.rav.efbnet.com/humour/ohshit-cat.jpg

SgtMinor

Whiskers wrote:

<snip>

> Non-Europeans may be confused by millimeters and A4.

Say what? Besides the US, which countries in this world do not use the
metric system? And how many of their citizens do you expect to visit
24HSHD?

pjdd@rediffmail.com

On Jun 3, 9:25 pm, Martin @nohere.net wrote:
> Hi
> I want to print a perspective picture 144mm x 93mm in the middle of a
> canvas size 152mm x 105mm and have cut lines around the canvas size
> This is for a picture frame.
> The paper size is A4 and I would like to position the print near the
> top of the page to reduce waste

How big - in pixels - is the picture you want to print ?

Martin @nohere.net

Thank you all for your replies
I eventully found out how to do it in Photoshop
--
Martin