Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problems with newsgroups

Problems with newsgroups

Liv Nordset

It is some time since I used the newsgroups I have subscribed to and now,
when I want to read and post to them, the latest messages are not
downloaded. I only get messages from 2 and 3 years back, probably from when
I used them the last time. And my new messages do not appear in the
newsgroup.

I have tried to unsubscribe and download all the newsgroups again, but the
downloading stops at about 31000 messages. Then the programme does not
answer anymore, I can't stop the downloading and and I have to turn off my
computer.
I have tried to click "Synchronize" and "Download the next 300 messages",
but nothing happens.

Please, what should I do?

Liv in Norway

Jerry G.

You should call your service provider. The fault may be on their end.

--

Jerry G.

"Liv Nordset" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4662b41c$0$29078$(E-Mail Removed)2.net...
[...]

Ben Myers

If you are using Outlook Express, right-click one of the problem groups ,
select "Properties", "Local File", then "Reset". Click "OK", change to a
different group, then back to the problem group.

Ben

"Liv Nordset" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4662b41c$0$29078$(E-Mail Removed)2.net...
> It is some time since I used the newsgroups I have subscribed to and now,
> when I want to read and post to them, the latest messages are not
> downloaded. I only get messages from 2 and 3 years back, probably from when
> I used them the last time. And my new messages do not appear in the
> newsgroup.
>
> I have tried to unsubscribe and download all the newsgroups again, but the
> downloading stops at about 31000 messages. Then the programme does not
> answer anymore, I can't stop the downloading and and I have to turn off my
> computer.
> I have tried to click "Synchronize" and "Download the next 300 messages",
> but nothing happens.
>
> Please, what should I do?
>
> Liv in Norway

Liv Nordset

Thank you very much, Ben Myers! That worked - although only a few recent
messages are now downloaded. Better to have access to the newsgroups than a
bunch of old messanges. I guess I can find the old messages somewhere if I
should need them.

Liv

"Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:OdA8i.16197$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...