Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MSCONFIG IN VISTA?????

MSCONFIG IN VISTA?????

bobbynoggs

Hi gang,
Just trying to familiarise myself with Vista but am having trouble
trying to find MSCONFIG. There doesn't seem to be a 'Run' command in
the Start menu anymore so how do you access this utility??

Thanks,
Bob

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

bobbynoggs wrote:
> Hi gang,
> Just trying to familiarise myself with Vista but am having trouble
> trying to find MSCONFIG. There doesn't seem to be a 'Run' command in
> the Start menu anymore so how do you access this utility??

I'd suggest upgrading to XP, but you can copy msconfig from an XP disk
and it should work.

olfart

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

or try Startup Control Panel at www.mlin.com

Mr. Arnold

"bobbynoggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi gang,
> Just trying to familiarise myself with Vista but am having trouble
> trying to find MSCONFIG. There doesn't seem to be a 'Run' command in
> the Start menu anymore so how do you access this utility??

The Run command is in the Programs Accessories. and you can enter MSconfig.
I sent a short-cut for Run and Command Prompt to the desktop. You can also
go to task bar, right-click it, go to Properties, Start Menu, and select
Classic Start menu, which will but the Start button/Run command back the old
way.

If you got anymore questions about Vista, then you should post to a
MS.Public.Windows.Vista NG like General or Setup.

Daave

Mr. Arnold wrote:
> "bobbynoggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi gang,
>> Just trying to familiarise myself with Vista but am having trouble
>> trying to find MSCONFIG. There doesn't seem to be a 'Run' command in
>> the Start menu anymore so how do you access this utility??
>>

> The Run command is in the Programs Accessories. and you can enter
> MSconfig. I sent a short-cut for Run and Command Prompt to the
> desktop. You can also go to task bar, right-click it, go to
> Properties, Start Menu, and select Classic Start menu, which will but
> the Start button/Run command back the old way.

Windows Key + R is another way to open the Run dialog box.

Christopher Syn

run is in accessories...

"bobbynoggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi gang,
> Just trying to familiarise myself with Vista but am having trouble
> trying to find MSCONFIG. There doesn't seem to be a 'Run' command in
> the Start menu anymore so how do you access this utility??
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Mr. Arnold

"Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4662ead3$0$3576$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mr. Arnold wrote:
>> "bobbynoggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi gang,
>>> Just trying to familiarise myself with Vista but am having trouble
>>> trying to find MSCONFIG. There doesn't seem to be a 'Run' command in
>>> the Start menu anymore so how do you access this utility??
>>>

>> The Run command is in the Programs Accessories. and you can enter
>> MSconfig. I sent a short-cut for Run and Command Prompt to the
>> desktop. You can also go to task bar, right-click it, go to
>> Properties, Start Menu, and select Classic Start menu, which will but
>> the Start button/Run command back the old way.

> Windows Key + R is another way to open the Run dialog box.

I'll have to get into using those Win Keys more.

WhzzKdd

"Mr. Arnold" <MR. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%zE8i.671$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...

> "Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4662ead3$0$3576$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Mr. Arnold wrote:
>>> "bobbynoggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>

>>> The Run command is in the Programs Accessories. and you can enter
>>> MSconfig. I sent a short-cut for Run and Command Prompt to the
>>> desktop. You can also go to task bar, right-click it, go to
>>> Properties, Start Menu, and select Classic Start menu, which will but
>>> the Start button/Run command back the old way.

>> Windows Key + R is another way to open the Run dialog box.
>>

> I'll have to get into using those Win Keys more.

And you can use the "Search" input - programs launch from there too. After
pressing the logo where the Start button used to be (what do they call it
now???) the Start Search line is at the bottom - type in the program name,
press enter.

Mr. Arnold

news:vVG8i.40$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Mr. Arnold" <MR. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%zE8i.671$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
>>
>> "Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4662ead3$0$3576$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Windows Key + R is another way to open the Run dialog box.
>>>

>> I'll have to get into using those Win Keys more.
>>

> And you can use the "Search" input - programs launch from there too. After
> pressing the logo where the Start button used to be (what do they call it
> now???) the Start Search line is at the bottom - type in the program name,
> press enter.

Have you used the Search function in Vista? I have found that to be most
difficult, more difficult that it needs to be. What happened to that?

WhzzKdd

"Mr. Arnold" <MR. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news0K8i.742$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...

> "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
> news:vVG8i.40$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Mr. Arnold" <MR. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%zE8i.671$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
>>>
>>> "Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:4662ead3$0$3576$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I'll have to get into using those Win Keys more.
>>>

>> And you can use the "Search" input - programs launch from there too.
>> After pressing the logo where the Start button used to be (what do they
>> call it now???) the Start Search line is at the bottom - type in the
>> program name, press enter.

> Have you used the Search function in Vista? I have found that to be most
> difficult, more difficult that it needs to be. What happened to that?

Not really - but I seldom need to search for anything.

Win 98SE MSCONFIG.EXE Ed Wireless Networking 1 01-24-2005 08:45 PM
msconfig ? Bill H Computer Support 3 08-05-2003 08:23 AM
Task Manager & msconfig Larry Computer Support 0 08-03-2003 05:07 PM
Re: MSCONFIG EXPERTS WANTED!! user@domain.invalid Computer Support 0 07-16-2003 07:24 PM
msconfig query Henry S C Computer Support 5 07-05-2003 04:45 PM

Advertisments