Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > cdecl

cdecl

shanti

hi,
I know that this may not be the question has to be raised in this
group. in comp.lang.c FAQ list Question 1.21 i read about cdecl . i
am working with "turbo c" on a windows xp mechine. can any one
provide link where i can get the compatable cdecl. i tryed but i
could not found it in google search. please help me. thanks to the
group and members.
regards,
prasanth.

Tim Prince

shanti wrote:

> Question 1.21 i read about cdecl . i
> am working with "turbo c" on a windows xp mechine. can any one
> provide link where i can get the compatable cdecl.

Read further in the FAQ, the information appears to remain valid.
ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/usenet/...olume14/cdecl2

Thomas Dickey

Tim Prince <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> shanti wrote:

>> Question 1.21 i read about cdecl . i
>> am working with "turbo c" on a windows xp mechine. can any one
>> provide link where i can get the compatable cdecl.

> Read further in the FAQ, the information appears to remain valid.
> ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/usenet/...olume14/cdecl2

It would be nice to see intelligent responses to questions in this group.
Perhaps someday.

For instance, besides noting that the FAQ does not address his question,
the cited URL points to a shar file.

I suppose the minor details of unpacking the file and making it usable
for OP's environment are off-topic.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net

Richard Tobin

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Thomas Dickey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It would be nice to see intelligent responses to questions in this group.
>Perhaps someday.

>For instance, besides noting that the FAQ does not address his question,
>the cited URL points to a shar file.

>I suppose the minor details of unpacking the file and making it usable
>for OP's environment are off-topic.

A quick Google suggests that this may be useful for unpacking:

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/sharutils.htm

I would be very surprised if cdecl used any non-standard C features,
so making it usable should not be a problem.

-- Richard
in some alphabets" - X3.4, 1963.

Thomas Dickey

Richard Tobin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I would be very surprised if cdecl used any non-standard C features,
> so making it usable should not be a problem.

X MANIFEST 1 This shipping list
X cdecl.1 1
X cdecl.c 2
X cdgram.y 1
X cdlex.l 1
X makefile 1
X testset 1
X testset++ 1

hmm - "non-standard" or unusual. Since it uses lex and yacc,
that makes it the former (only in this newsgroup of course).

offhand - this isn't the first (or even second) request for this
information in this newsgroup in the past month or so.
The faq doesn't provide the information requested...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net

Clever Monkey

Thomas Dickey wrote:
> Richard Tobin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I would be very surprised if cdecl used any non-standard C features,
>> so making it usable should not be a problem.

> X MANIFEST 1 This shipping list
> X cdecl.1 1
> X cdecl.c 2
> X cdgram.y 1
> X cdlex.l 1
> X makefile 1
> X testset 1
> X testset++ 1
>
> hmm - "non-standard" or unusual. Since it uses lex and yacc,
> that makes it the former (only in this newsgroup of course).
>
> offhand - this isn't the first (or even second) request for this
> information in this newsgroup in the past month or so.
> The faq doesn't provide the information requested...

It took me 30 seconds with Google to find a cdecl, and another minute to
compile it on Unix.

--
clvrmnky <(E-Mail Removed)>

Direct replies will be blacklisted. Replace "spamtrap" with my name to
contact me directly.

Thomas Dickey

Clever Monkey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It took me 30 seconds with Google to find a cdecl, and another minute to
> compile it on Unix.

yawn: if you _were_ a clever monkey, you'd have read OP's request.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net

Thomas Dickey

shanti <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hi,
> I know that this may not be the question has to be raised in this
> group. in comp.lang.c FAQ list Question 1.21 i read about cdecl . i
> am working with "turbo c" on a windows xp mechine. can any one
> provide link where i can get the compatable cdecl. i tryed but i
> could not found it in google search. please help me. thanks to the
> group and members.
> regards,
> prasanth.

actually cdecl's off-topic (mention of tools in the faq doesn't seem to
make things on-topic, accurate, or even guarantee that readers of this
newsgroup can provide useful information about them .

Some people might choose to compile it (awkward if you don't have a source).
It's a useful learning exercise (but doesn't bear much on the "C" language).

Finding "cdecl" on Windows is complicated in a web-search since some
compiler headers contain a matching keyword. However, a web-search is
more reliable than asking in a newsgroup such as this.

Trying "cdecl.zip", which gives several likely hits, but it appears
they're for MS-DOS (likely to be a problem on anything newer than
the FAQ, which generally provides at best ten-year-old information).
But that's the easiest route.

I'd simply compile it if I had a use for it - requires lex and yacc.
"turbo c" should be able to build those - (flex 2.54a and yacc).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net
ftp://invisible-island.net

Thomas Dickey

Richard Tobin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I would be very surprised if cdecl used any non-standard C features,
> so making it usable should not be a problem.

it uses getopt (nonstandard in this newsgroup

For OP that would be another problem, of course.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net
ftp://invisible-island.net

Richard Tobin

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Thomas Dickey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>it uses getopt (nonstandard in this newsgroup
>
>For OP that would be another problem, of course.

Not really. Look more closely at the code:

#ifndef NOGETOPT
extern int optind;
#else
/* This is a miniature version of getopt() which will */
/* do just barely enough for us to get by below. */
/* Options are not allowed to be bunched up together. */
/* Option arguments are not supported. */
int optind = 1;
[...]

-- Richard
in some alphabets" - X3.4, 1963.

[cdecl] and const keyword MaciekL C Programming 0 02-09-2011 01:44 PM
what is cdecl Amandil C Programming 11 03-05-2008 12:59 AM
Original authors and licensing of cdecl / c++decl richard.wm.jones@gmail.com C Programming 5 03-14-2007 04:23 PM
help with 'left-right' cdecl rule James Brown [MVP] C Programming 6 02-14-2006 04:18 PM
cdecl test cases Tor Rustad C Programming 12 03-28-2005 09:18 PM

Advertisments