Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > importing OE folders

importing OE folders

George

I use outlook express and have a different machine. How can I copy the
folders from my old machine and import them into the new one? Where can
I find the folders in my old machine for outlook express? I can copy
them to a cd but then how do I get them into the new machine? I'd like
to keep my inbox and sent folders.

WhzzKdd

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GVi8i.14277$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I use outlook express and have a different machine. How can I copy the
> folders from my old machine and import them into the new one? Where can
> I find the folders in my old machine for outlook express? I can copy
> them to a cd but then how do I get them into the new machine? I'd like
> to keep my inbox and sent folders.

What version of Windows? The folder store is in different places in
different versions.

Of course, you could look that up in OE for yourself (in Vista's Windows
Mail, click tools, options, maintenance, store folder - OE will be the same
or very similar).

Copy the files in your store folder to your other computer. Do NOT try to
import them from a CD - if you burn to a CD, copy them off the CD to the
other computer in some place like My Documents.

On the new computer, in OE click File, Import, Messages, and follow the
import prompts.

Emrys Davies

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GVi8i.14277$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I use outlook express and have a different machine. How can I copy

the
> folders from my old machine and import them into the new one? Where

can
> I find the folders in my old machine for outlook express? I can copy
> them to a cd but then how do I get them into the new machine? I'd

like
> to keep my inbox and sent folders.

I have done quite a lot of research on this subject and I am able to
backup and Restore my .dbx files and folders, which is what you are
referring to, successfully. It is a fairly lengthy subject because of
the nature of the files, but I will gladly help you providing that you
have not been successful already. Incidentally, will your new machine
have Outlook Express installed?

Regards,
Emrys Davies.