Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > SD14

Alfred Molon

Just curious - why is there no review of the Sigma SD14 on dpreview? Not
that I would want to buy the camera, just want to know how it performs.
--

Alfred Molon

Roy G

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Just curious - why is there no review of the Sigma SD14 on dpreview? Not
> that I would want to buy the camera, just want to know how it performs.
> --
>
> Alfred Molon

Hi

Probably dpreview are thinking the same, so why bother?

Roy G

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Alfred
Molon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Just curious - why is there no review of the Sigma SD14 on dpreview? Not
> that I would want to buy the camera, just want to know how it performs.

for the same reason that there has only been one dslr review posted in
recent months. phil said he has been busy with the amazon deal and is
catching up on reviewing several cameras, including the sd-14.

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Just curious - why is there no review of the Sigma SD14 on dpreview? Not
> that I would want to buy the camera, just want to know how it performs.

You can read this one while Phil gets around to posting his
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/sigma-sd14-reviewed-1. He's backed up
with reviews as he posted in the forums

KenJr

In article <dUj8i.30$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> "Alfred Molon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > Just curious - why is there no review of the Sigma SD14 on dpreview? Not
> > that I would want to buy the camera, just want to know how it performs.

> You can read this one while Phil gets around to posting his
> http://www.ephotozine.com/article/sigma-sd14-reviewed-1. He's backed up
> with reviews as he posted in the forums

I sure hope the reviewer screwed up with lighting, white balance, and
focus. In the image samples provided skin tones had a yellow tint and
all of the samples had very soft focus. It also appears to be quite
noisy above ISO 200.

nospam

In article <dUj8i.30$(E-Mail Removed)>, Peter A. Stavrakoglou
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Alfred Molon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > Just curious - why is there no review of the Sigma SD14 on dpreview? Not
> > that I would want to buy the camera, just want to know how it performs.

> You can read this one while Phil gets around to posting his
> http://www.ephotozine.com/article/sigma-sd14-reviewed-1. He's backed up
> with reviews as he posted in the forums

and after you're done reading that one, you can read one of the less
flattering reviews:

<http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equipment/review/Sigma_SD14_11480.php>

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:020620071636365614%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <dUj8i.30$(E-Mail Removed)>, Peter A. Stavrakoglou
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "Alfred Molon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> > Just curious - why is there no review of the Sigma SD14 on dpreview?
>> > Not
>> > that I would want to buy the camera, just want to know how it performs.

>> You can read this one while Phil gets around to posting his
>> http://www.ephotozine.com/article/sigma-sd14-reviewed-1. He's backed up
>> with reviews as he posted in the forums

> and after you're done reading that one, you can read one of the less
> flattering reviews:
>
> <http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equipment/review/Sigma_SD14_11480.php>

And after reading any of the reviews, have a look at the real proof of what
the camera can do in the hands of someone who knows how to use it
http://www.pbase.com/sigmadslr/user_sd14. After all, it's the image quality
that's important.

Alfred Molon

In article <LSB8i.10$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...

> And after reading any of the reviews, have a look at the real proof of what
> the camera can do in the hands of someone who knows how to use it
> http://www.pbase.com/sigmadslr/user_sd14. After all, it's the image quality
> that's important.

I wonder why they can't launch a model with 8 or 10MP - should be enough
pixel area in an APS-C sensor. Should have as much (real) resolution as
a 12 or 15MP Bayer sensor (Bayer sensors have less effective resolution
than their pixel count due to colour aliasing inaccuracies).
--

Alfred Molon

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> In article <LSB8i.10$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>> And after reading any of the reviews, have a look at the real proof of
>> what
>> the camera can do in the hands of someone who knows how to use it
>> http://www.pbase.com/sigmadslr/user_sd14. After all, it's the image
>> quality
>> that's important.

> I wonder why they can't launch a model with 8 or 10MP - should be enough
> pixel area in an APS-C sensor. Should have as much (real) resolution as
> a 12 or 15MP Bayer sensor (Bayer sensors have less effective resolution
> than their pixel count due to colour aliasing inaccuracies).

Perhaps they've reached a wall, temporary or not, in the development of the
sensor.